Chapter 36

Liv POV:

My father closes the door behind him. I tip toe over and try and hear what he is saying. What is with this door? I can barely hear anything... Oh right magic. I close my eyes and focus on the other side.

"I am very disappointed in you all. Goofing off during a royal meal? I know for a fact none of your parents have raised you in such outrageous behavior. I have asked you all to be here for really one task and one task alone. And You ones that have been here since the start are not what I want for the...."

"Whatcha doing?" Asher whispers in my ear behind me. I jump and cover my mouth from screaming and giving away my cover.

"Shhhh! I'm busy."

"Busy ease dropping." He laughs.

"I want to know what they are saying."Asher closes his eyes and I feel wind drift by. He opens his eyes and stares into mine and smiles.

"It's nothing important. Hey let's go do something? Since it's just us." He takes my hand and I smile.

"Like...?"

"It's a surprise." He winked and started to lead me towards the surprise.

"Can I have a hint or explanation or something. You know I don't like vague information about stuff."

"And that's exactly what I'm solving." I have him a questioning look. "When you first arrived here, you had so many questions. Questions I promised would unfold in time. Well, I can't tell you everything but I think it's okay for you to have a history check on one thing." We stop in front of a painting. It was of a jewel that was unlike any other magic stone I've seen.

"It's beautiful. What is it?" I laugh.

"That is the Theria. It is the Codex of all Deriqal. It has taken on many shapes over the centuries to the royal families and has a war behind it."

"A war huh?"

"Yup. Here," He grabs my hand again and we move a little but down and see a giant family tree of all my past ancestors. "Timeline?"

"Go ahead." I say while gawking at my past family members face and name.

"The Theria was created before sin. It was what Deriqal was founded upon. It supplies the magic and our connection to the world. The Theria has more magic then we can imagine. Naturally, The Royal family had it in their care. Each King would have access to use it's magic and could look at the past, present, and future since the Theria is a living thing that is eternal and knows all things. That was when there was only one Royal family and before the worlds collided. Once the worlds collided, The King, being able to see the future, saw not only the quickening decrease in magic holder and that no one could fix it all, but he saw that his his youngest son would grow envious of his eldest brother becoming King and would seek to take the Theria from him and use it against him. So before that could happen, right before the collision when the magic was strongest, 12 brave magic holders had given their life to seal the codexing of the Theria and as much magic as possible. The Theria couldn't be caged so they weren't able to keep everything from being used by anyone of the royal families but the most important things are lock inside of it. It still has it's perks like in turn you've figured out or been told that you have some family members that are swans because of the Theria."

"Yeah... Why does it do that?"

"It preserves their life once they die in their human body. It's a way for them to remain on Zila."

"Wait, So my mom is a swan?"

"No... The transaction can only happen when they die in peace, your mother was murdered." My eyes water at the thought.