Chapter 1 The Future

"Hurry! We don't have much time!" He grabbed my hand and started running. What's going on? I feel like I know him, but I don't remember anything. I try to see his face but I can't make it out. Who is he? I don't remember him or his name... Or what is happening.

"Where are we going?" I spit out between pants. 

"A safe place." He says with little urgency.

"A safe place?"

"Yes. We will be safe there. You have to trust me." He turned his face just enough so I could see the profile of his face. He smirked at me when he said to trust him. Do I even have a choice? The next moment I hear men yelling.

"Where is she?" A man with a low husky voice who sounded absolutely ticked off spoke. I assume he is the leader.

"A guy took off with her. They went that way!"

"Then get her! We have to have her!" The man ordered. Are they talking about me? Why do they want me?

"Stop! Or I will shoot!" One of the shorter men called out.

"We can't shoot her. We have orders to take her in alive," The man next to him whispered, but I still heard it. Then a rush of wind came behind me and knocked them all down. I have never seen wind that strong.

"Was that you?" I asked before I could stop myself. It sounded crazy, but I had a feeling he did it. He laughed again. How was any of this funny? He pulled me into an abandoned warehouse.

"Are you okay?" He smiled at me and I finally saw his face. He is so hot. I mean, I feel wrong thinking that, but handsome was an understatement. He had dark brown hair with sea green eyes that had specks of blue in them. He was pretty built, too. I don't know how I know him, but I wasn't about to walk away.

"Yea, I'm fine. What about you, and was that you with the wind?" I bet I sounded silly, but he could've been a magic holder. It was uncommon, but not impossible.

"Yeah, it was me," He says laughing. I studied him. I couldn't help it. He had a soft dimples on his cheeks. He is really handsome.

"Uh, what are you looking at?" He said in a smartalec voice. I didn't know that he had caught me. But how could he have not? We were only a few feet apart. He smiled at me again. How is he so good looking? And talking to me?

"I know I'm hot, but you don't have to drool, " He started laughing again.

"I am not drooling!" I yelled. He started to tease me. Now I wish he wasn't with me.

"What's that face for?" He said like I was an infant. Then, before I could say anything, I heard footsteps and then a gunshot. I looked at his face for explanation, but his smile was gone and seriousness spread across his face. I looked down and my stomach was red with blood. I just got shot. What just happen? Everything was turning into a haze. He grabbed me as I began to fall. I saw a sudden rush of wind like before, but this time, it killed them.

"Liv! Liv stay with me! Liv!" He looked into my eyes and I could see fear in them. What is he afraid of? Then it went black.