Chapter 53- A Bloody Detention

Start from the beginning

George shrugged in reply but V grabbed his shoulder and shook it. "No, you have to tell me now- tell me!" She pried playfully.

George shrugged again and V rolled her eyes. The sun shinned onto her face, lighting up her eyes and showing off every detail her eyes held. George looked at her, not saying a thing, not moving.

"What?" V asked.

"Nothing. Or maybe everything is a better word." He said after a short pause. George grabbed her hand just holding it and lightly stroking it with his fingers. V looked over at him smiling in an uncertain way.

"Is that eight inches?" An unusually high-pitched voice asked interrupting what would otherwise be a peaceful scene.

They both turned to find their favorite pink cladded Professor standing in front of them, having appeared out of nowhere. V's heart sank in her chest and she let go of George's hand shifting away.

"So, you think your win earlier today gives you the right to break educational decree number thirty-one? Miss Black think again, you may have good grades and an odd family history but you are far from special. You ought to learn where your place is and I think a detention should help you with that."

"What the hell, I'm the one who grabbed her hand, give me a detention instead!" George argued.

"Punishment for your sweet little girlfriend should be enough for you to learn your lesson." Professor Umbridge said leaning over him where he sat in a menacing fashion. She straightened herself up and gave V a crinkly smile.

"Well I'll see you in my office at 2pm tomorrow. A fitting way to spend your Sunday afternoon I'd say." She said walking away.

The look on George's face was furious. This to him was the epitome of unfair. George got up taking a quick breath but still couldn't quite hold back a rant. George yelled after her, trying to argue that he should have a detention instead but she barely even gave him a glance back.

"That ugly toad faced bitch needs to get a life outside of trying to make others miserable. She takes our right away to properly learn defense against the dark arts, she takes my broom and gives me a life long ban from quidditch, and now she's giving you a damn detention!" George fumed.

"Relax George, it's just a detention-"

"Her detentions aren't just any old detention; don't you know what she makes you do in detention?"

"Uh..." V said looking at the ground trying to think of anyway they could be quite so bad. George then pulled up his sleeves revealing tiny cuts all over his arms.

V's mouth dropped in horror. She walked over to him gently grabbing his arm and examining them. Each of the cuts formed strokes off letters that spelt out words. On one arm it read I shall not argue back and on another it read My jokes are not funny.

"But that's messed up, the ministry should have stepped in by now and put an end to this. This is actually inhumane, this is considered torture!" V exclaimed going a bit red from the anger.

"Which is exactly why I don't won't you to go through this, it's not nice and she makes it drag on for an irritatingly long time." George groaned.

"Look George, she can lay whatever she wants to on me, there is nothing that woman can do to change me. I'll be strong, you watch me." V reassured. "If she wants to carve words into me whatever, but soon enough when we're in the real world, I'm sure she'll get a taste of her own medicine." V said.

She parted ways with George not really wanting to talk to him about this anymore. She disappeared to her dorm finding it hard to fall asleep that night, tossing and turning once she had. The next morning once she had gotten up she disappeared to the library to study as a quiet pass time. The thought of the scars on George's arms almost reduced her to tears. It made her deeply sad to think that someone could treat him so foully.