Chapter 41- The Top of the Stairs

Harry's stay at Grimmauld Place was short lived. Following his trial school seemed to be a lot closer then everyone realized. V had spent her afternoon with Fred and George in the drawing room talking about joke shop products and how they could make them work. V had been righting all their idea's rapidly down while Fred and George spilled out their minds.

V had always known how creative they were but their creative minds had seemed to take her by surprise even more. As they were talking, the order were having a meeting in the kitchen and it seemed that as they were finishing, V and the twins grew tired of coming up with joke shop idea's. So as they made their way up the stairs they noticed a few members exiting through the hall. Among them was a bickering Professor Dumbledore and Professor Snape, they bickered quietly but it was obvious that they were having a disagreement about something.

Professor Dumbledore then noticed V at the top of the stairs and suddenly stopped in his tracks. "Ah, Miss Black, just the person we wanted to see, isn't that right Professor Snape?"

Professor Snape looked in between Professor Dumbledore and V with a murderous look in his eyes. "Miss Black, there has been a mix up with the position of the Slytherin quidditch captain this year and currently the position is vacant. This simply will not do seeing as start of term is tomorrow and seeing as you're a talented, co-operative team member I can't see why you can't be a last minute filler in the role?"

V stared down astonished at the offer, unsure what to say or do but ended up nodding and saying, "Yeah, I don't mind taking the role at all."

"Very well," Snape said with a twitch in his eye, clearly filled with spite from Dumbledore's actions. "You better exceed the expectations of being the average quidditch captain, Slytherin is a strong house with strong game." He said through gritted teeth. He then reached into his pocket pulling out a shiny silver pin and chucking it up at her.

"Thank you, sir." V said grinning down at Professor Snape with almost a cheeky touch. Professor Snape snarled as he and Dumbledore exited the house.

"So you're a quidditch captain now?" George asked, snaking an arm round her.

"Yup, and this is going to be one bitch to tackle." V replied.

"But you're going to do so well." George said placing a kiss on her check.

A little later Mrs Weasley called everyone down to the dining room for dinner and V had a smile on her face that she couldn't quite wipe off. As it was their last day together before they had to go back to school, Mrs Weasley had made a big roast, Hogwarts style.

"V, would you mind filling us in for why you're smiling like you just inherited a house made of gold?" Sirius asked his daughter once everyone was sitting down.

V then proceeded to pull her captain's badge out of her pocket and chucked it at him. He caught it with one hand then examined it. At first his face looked a bit ashen and so did Remus's but then he looked up at her and a smile broke out on his face.

"Captain now are you? I thought Snape would've chosen someone else because of how much he hates us." Sirius said with a smirk.

"See now Sirius, Snape is a good honest man." Mrs Weasley remarked.

"Actually, Dumbledore gave me the badge. Snape was with him but he didn't seem too approving of Dumbledore's decision." V replied and Sirius gave Mrs Weasley a look which screamed 'I told you so.' 

"Why hadn't Snape made a decision anyway? Didn't all the start of term letters get sent out last week?" Remus inquired.

"I don't actually know, my guess is that Snape forgot all about it and Dumbledore had to make a last minute decision. Everyone thought that Adrian would get the badge." V said, just realizing how disappointed Adrian would be when he realized he wasn't going to be quidditch captain.