Stone Cold

Peep caption ^^

I looked at my phone. My heart ached, yet I still liked the picture.

You see me standing, but I'm dying on the floor

He doesn't need to know the pain I feel. He thinks I'm over it. I've lead him to believe I'm happy for him. And I am happy for him, he's genuinely happy with her. When he looks at her there is pure joy.

So I can suck it up, because she's what makes him happy now. At one time I thought it was me. I thought it was me who was going to bring joy into his life, but it's not me anymore. It's her now and I need to accept it.

I was your amber, but now she's your shade of gold.

It's hard, but honestly what kind of friend am I if I'm not supporting him in what he wants. I just wish he would've let me know sooner. I wish he told me and not led me on just so he wouldn't hurt me. He tired to prolong the pain, but all it did was make it worse.

(Flashback)

I looked into his eyes, tears spilling down both of our faces.

"Why don't you just tell me the truth?" It grew silent in the room. "Shawn, I can handle it?"

He walked towards me slowly, placing his hands on my shoulders, rubbing up and down my arms.

"I really care for you Y/n. I care for you more than you could ever know, but just as a friend. Nothing more than a friend, and it breaks my heart to know I'm hurting you, but I can't keep leading you on like this. All I'm doing is making this worse, but just know how much this is hurting me.

Know how hard this is for me, because I don't want this friendship to go downhill, and I sure don't want it to end. So please if you have any sympathy left for me after this, please forgive me. It doesn't have to be right now, but in the future, please. I need you in my life."

I gave a warm smile as he wiped my tears, "I forgive you Shawn. I'm just gonna need some time. Things aren't going to be the way they were. They may never get back to that, but I'm thankful for you being truthful with me."

He engulfed me in a hug, "I'm so sorry."

"I know. It'll be okay."

I sighed when I saw she had also posted a picture. It was a picture of them dancing at a park.

You're dancing with her, while I'm staring at my phone.

From what I could tell, he has set up a picnic for them and brought his guitar. I can hear him singing. His beautiful voice serenading her.

Gosh, how I wish that was me. I want that to be us so bad. Sometimes I still stare at my phone and wish that I'll see his name pop up on my screen.

I want to feel that feeling again. The feeling of excitement, the feeling of being wanted, but I'm never gonna get that again.

So I guess this is me saying goodbye.

-

A/N: I absolutely love this song so I wanted to do an imagine over it.

I know it's short, but I hope you like it anyway!

Love you!