Surprise

Edited 🌼

"Consuming all the air inside my lungs. Ripping all the skin from off my bones. I'm prepared to sacrifice my life, I would gladly do it twice." I sang as I got ready.

I love Shawn Mendes. He is my role model, and the love of my life. I've been a fan since his vine and magcon days and I just wish I could meet him.

I know it'll never happen though. I can't seem to save up enough money and my parents wouldn't buy me VIP tickets to go meet and see that boy in concert.

"Hey Y/n come downstairs." my parents yelled. "I'll be down in a second." I don't know why they are in such a rush. We don't have anything planned for today.

I finished getting ready and ran down the stairs. I reached the bottom of the stairs, and there my parents were waiting impatiently.

"We have a big surprise for you." They said a little too eagerly, but I couldn't help but be excited also.

"What is it?!?" I asked.

"Well we are going over to Carolyn and Shane's!" They said, smiles on their face.

"You're kidding me right? that's you big surprise." I said not believing that they got me all excited for nothing.

I was so excited and this is where we are going, to my mom's best friends house. Don't get me wrong I love them. They are like family, but I was expecting something big, we go over there at least once every week.

"Yes, aren't you excited?" "Yeah sure I missed them. It's been like what? A week?" I said trying to be as cheery I could.

"Well come on let's go! They can't wait to see you!" My Dad said.

We hopped in the car and Stitches came on. I started yelling out the lyrics and jammin, but then my parents changed the station because

"I don't want to listen to that little boy." I just ignored them knowing that they were just trying to get on my nerves.

We arrived at their house. We walked onto the porch and knocked on the door. Carolyn opened the door

"Hey y/m/n and y/d/n, how are y'all?" "Great. How are you?" My mom said.

"Pretty good. Busy, but good." She finally looked at me, "Oh my goodness sweetie you look so beautiful, how are you? How's school?"

"I'm doing good, but school is as good as it can be considering all the work." I said as she almost squeezed me to death with her hug.

She invited us in to sit down on her brand new white couches. "Here sit here, you like it Y/n?" she said leading me to the chair facing away from the kitchen.

"Yeah they're really comfortable I guess." I said, a little confused on why she was acting so weird.

The whole day they all have been acting so weird and I didn't know why. They acted like they were hiding something.

When they would talk to me and would be very cheery, but never look me straight in the eye.

"Hey Y/n I heard you really like that Shawn guy. Have your parents gotten you tickets to go see him yet?" I rolled me eyes.

"No, I've asked so many times, but I never get them." I replied, a little sad knowing that I'll probably never get to see him in concert, let alone meet him.

"Well Y/n we have a surprise for you, we didn't get you tickets, but I have a friend who knows some people so....Turn around."

I was confused not knowing what they meant, but I turned around anyway. There he was. The Shawn Peter Raul Mendes. The boy I have waited to meet for years. The boy I cry over. The boy that makes me happy everyday with him just being his crazy, silly, dorky, clumsy, adorable self.

"Hey darling, you doing okay?" He spoke so sweetly. His voice sounded even more soothing in person. "I'm doing amazing now, thanks to you." I said tears spilling out of my eyes.

"Awe don't cry, I'm just a normal Canadian kid, with an abnormal career."

"But you're not just a normal kid, you're so sweet and kind and have changed so many peoples lives by you just being yourself. You make my day everyday, you have a voice of an angel and I love you." I said all in one breath, not even realizing what was coming out of my mouth.

"Well thank you, people like you are the reason I do what I do...and I've personally got a surprise for you." He said getting something out of his back pocket.

"There is a concert here tomorrow and I got you these." He said handing me VIP passes and front row tickets.

"No way. As much as I want to, I can't take these. It's too much."

"No, you guys as fans do so much for me. Just think of this as a gift for everything you do to support me."

I smiled, "Well in that case I guess I can take them." I said laughing a little bit not really believing this was happening.

"Hey and I have a day off after the concert maybe you can show me around?" I couldn't believe he wants me to show him around.

"Yes of course, I'll be like your personal tour guide, I'll make sure I make it great for you."

"Okay thank you. I don't have anything to do tonight, so do you want to go get something to eat?"

I nodded, "Sure." I said taking the keys from his hand to take him to whataburger.

We grabbed the food and took it back to Carolyn and Shane's place so we wouldn't get mobbed by fans.

We talked and hung out like we were old friends until he had to leave so he could get enough sleep for the concert tomorrow.

It was a day I could never forget, and definitely a surprise that I don't think I could ever repay.

-

A/N: It was kinda hard trying to figure out how to present the surprise so sorry if that part is bad, but hope you guys enjoy. Comment and vote please. Love you ❤️