Chapter 40 -Welcome Home!-

He threw the door open…

And a whirlwind came running at me and hugged me fervently.

“I’ve missed you,” she whispered. I needed a few second to realize it but then hugged Alice back just as fervently. “I’ve missed you, too.”

Alice then hugged Carlisle and took Carlie from his arms. “Hey, you little sweetie! I heard you started crawling?” she smiled at her and showered her with kisses and hugs. Carlie squealed and held her close. Next to Rose, Alice was her favorite sister with which she also spent much time.

Carlie leaned towards her and kissed her. “Oh, so sweet,” Alice said and her voice went one or two octaves higher with joy.

Jasper, who was standing in the middle of the hall walked calmly over to us and first hugged Carlisle and then engulfed me in a hug. “Good to see you,” he murmured and had a smirk on his face. “You, too,” I told him and hugged him again. I reached up on my tiptoes and kissed his cheek.

Jasper then walked over to Alice and she handed him Carlie. She cuddled with him and was quite content to be in his arms. She touched his cheek and let him probably feel how much that was the case. “Love you, too,” he whispered and kissed the tip of her nose.

“Da..da!” she pointed at some of her toys. “Of course we’ll play,” he said, “if that’s okay,” he looked at Carlisle and me. “She is tired even though she isn’t showing it now. But we’ll make in exception. Though not too long,” I said and a smile formed on both their faces.

“You’ll have to see what we bought, they are amazing,” Alice announced and towed me over to the living room. Carlisle trailed behind and sat on the couch and had a smirk on his face when he watched us. Jasper was sitting on the floor together with Carlie and they read a book.

“Wow,” he gasped. Alice didn’t exaggerate when she said that she had bought lots and lots of stuff. There was a mountain of bags in our living room. “Yeah, I know that feeling. And I was the one who could carry it all,” Jasper interjected from the corner with a sly smile. “Oh, shush, we need these items,” Alice said and threw bags at me.

“Those are for you,” she explained. I sat on the couch next to Carlisle and looked at the things. “And these are for you, Carlisle,” Alice said and gave half as many bags to him. Alice bought me several dresses that I really liked, two new handbags, 3 pairs of extremely dangerous looking high heels that I would only wear with Carlisle supporting me and a pair of cute looking blue suede ankle boots.”Thank you, I love the things,” I said and hugged Alice. “You’re welcome. You know I love shopping and I also like bring joy to you all,” she smiled.

“Oh, and here are the dresses I got for Carlie,” she said and gave me other bags. “There are rather summer dresses but I’ve seen that the summer will start early here this year and she will still fit into them by then, I hope. I already bought two sizes bigger,” she explained. “Thanks again,” I said and showed some of the dresses to Carlisle and Carlie. But she was more occupied with her playmate.

“She is crawling,” Alice squealed and jumped slightly up and down and then sat on the ground in blinding speed so that I couldn’t even see her. Carlie was delighted by her enthusiasm and crawled faster over to her from Jasper.

She was getting the hang of it slowly but steadily. Carlisle filmed it this time as she was crawling around and then to Jasper and back to Alice. Alice lifted her up and once again showered her with kisses. Jasper clapped and smiled hugely. “Now I saw it, too,” he chuckled.

Carlie was already yawning in Alice’s arms. “But, Carlie, now it’s really time for bed,” I reasoned. Alice gave her to me and the others wished her goodnight.

I grabbed a bottle with her tea and walked upstairs into the nursery. To my surprise, she fell asleep nearly at once without fussing or crying. “That was too much excitement again, too, huh?” I laughed quietly and stroked her tummy. I grabbed the baby monitor and walked back downstairs.

Alice and Jasper were just telling how it was in NY. “Is she already sleeping?” Carlisle asked surprised just as I had been. “Yes, she fell asleep instantly,” I chuckled and sat next to him.

“She never was a problem when getting her to sleep, was she?” Alice asked curiously. “No, not before. But she started teething and is therefore a little cranky and isn’t sleeping as much as she should,” I explained. “I rather feel like we stayed away for a month as opposed to only two weeks,” she mused. “Yeah, the development is now fast and furious,” Carlisle chuckled at his own joke. We all smirked at him.

“Oh, I still have a welcoming present,” I remembered the cones I finished yesterday.

I walked into the kitchen, where I made the cones, and grabbed the two. I wasn’t as creative with the design as I wished I would be but I hoped they liked it. They were just yellow and blue with little self-made books hanging from the top like pendants all around the cone. I wrote “Congratulations!” on both on the side and drew little things that have something to do with their courses and university in general on it. I tied them with big bows in the fitting color.

I walked back into the living room and handed them to each with a big smile. “Thank you,” Alice said and opened hers immediately. Jasper did the same. They looked through the things and hugged us.

“This is great, you couldn’t have made better presents. That’s the first cone I’ve ever got,” Alice was mesmerized. “For me, too,” Jasper smiled. “That could be a tradition from now on,” I responded. “Definitely, this is amazing,” Alice laughed.

We talked for hours and I was happy to at least have two of my group of little rascals back. 

Jasper and Alice are finally back! :)

-All rights belong to Stephenie Meyer-

-No copy right infringements intended-