Chapter 19 -The Denalis-

After our amazing bubble bath, we walked hand in hand out of the bathroom, both still in towels only. I looked at our bed and our clothes were already lying there together with ski suits for me and Carlisle. Mine was a mixture of colors with a white undertone while Carlisle’s was blue and white. He looked where my eyes were trained on and sighed.

“It’s always a mess to get ready for skiing,” he laughed softly and hugged me from behind. “Then let’s get ready,” I smiled and slipped into my clothes and then into the suit. I never noticed before but one feels slightly funny in this suits, it was all so thick. “Why are you wearing such a suit anyway? You are not getting cold,” I asked Carlisle.

“Honey, think about it. What would people think if I would go skiing with only a pullover and trousers when it is so cold outside?” he explained and chuckled. “Oh, yeah…I forgot,” I said and slightly blushed.

We walked downstairs and looked for the others.

“We’re here,” Bella called from the kitchen. We walked inside and Charlie, Sue, Renesmee and the entire wolf pack already sat at the table and ate breakfast.

“Come, Esme,” Sue encouraged and motioned to the chair next to her. I smiled at her and sat down.

“Emmett’s special creation,” Emmett said and sat a dish in front of me. I looked at him incredulously and he chuckled. “Okay, Sue made breakfast,” he admitted and walked back over to Jasper and Edward.

Rose was sitting on the other side of the table and fed Carlie with apple sauce. I noticed Charlie and Sue were also dressed in those ridiculous outfits and smiled. I know everyone was dressed this way, but still…

I ate breakfast and talked lightly with Charlie and Sue until the door bell rang.

“They’re here,” Alice giggled and walked over to the door.

I looked after her in confusion. Who was here? Carlisle and Edward shifted uneasily and Carlisle took Carlie from Rose who stood next to where I sat. Edward positioned himself next to Renesmee and with it in front of me. Then I realized who that might be: the Denalis.

“Alice! Good to see you. How are the others?” I could hear Tanya’s voice. “Good to see you, too,” Alice greeted her. “And merry Christmas,” Kate added and then I could hear Garrett’s, Eleazar’s and Carmen’s greetings. They all came.

“Where is Esme?” Carmen asked. “Right over there, but might you join me in the living room, we also have…” and with that Alice changed to a whisper and I couldn’t hear anything. Several footsteps followed Alice into the living room and away from my vision.

“More people?” Jacob asked and we knew that he meant vampires. “They are staying for Christmas,” Jasper explained and moved to my side as well.

“I’ll go and greet them,” Rose announced and took Emmett with her. “Come on, Charlie, we will already prepare the equipment,” Jacob addressed him. He looked bewildered at all the guys who were standing around me like bodyguards. “Okay,” he said confused and took Sue with him. Jacob got up as well, gave us a meaningful look and Seth and Leah trailed behind.

Time for the vampires!

I got up and wanted to go to them, but Edward and Carlisle stopped me.

“Wait, let me explain first,” Carlisle said and handed me Carlie. I nodded and rocked our daughter. Edward smiled sympathetically at me and rubbed my shoulder. “It will be fine,” he tried to cheer me up.

“We’ll see,” I said matter-of-factly but leaned into his touch. Carlie touched my cheek and I felt confusion. “It’s fine, don’t worry. They’re friends but still got to knew you and me,” I explained to her. She hid in my hair and held my hair and collar firmly with both hands.