Chapter 33 -A Tour of the New House-

After a three hour drive, a six and a half hour flight, a two hour break in between flights and another half an hour drive we were standing in front of our new home.

Carlisle had purchased this house a month ago as soon as he knew that we would move here. The house we already own will be for Edward, Bella and Nessie. I haven’t seen this house before, only some pictures.

“Welcome home in Hanover,” Carlisle said and motioned to the house. I smiled tiredly.

We already had late evening and I couldn’t sleep on the flight. I clapped nonetheless and hugged Carlisle. “Our new start,” I whispered and kissed him. We stood in the entrance and just took everything in.

It was a huge white wooden house that was surrounded by many trees. It lay a bit higher than the entrance on a small high ground. In front and in the back it had a huge garden. It looked open and flooded with light with the many windows. I couldn’t wait to inspect the interior. Carlisle hugged my shoulders and after a moment let me go.

“We should get inside, shall we?” He smiled and took the luggage out of the trunk. I walked over to the car and took Carlie out. She was sleeping and would continue to do so I hoped. She couldn’t really sleep on the flight as well and only fell asleep on the ride here. Carlisle walked in front and opened the front door. We were standing on the veranda which had a small swing attached to it.

Carlisle threw the door open and set aside the luggage. He smiled at me in expectation.

I walked into the hall and into the rooms attached to it. My first impression was that it is indeed open and spacious. Every room was painted white and the floor was light brown laminate. I carefully placed Carlie’s seat on the floor and walked into the rooms.

The huge living room had big windows in the back that had a nice view on the garden and a big fire place. The furniture was already finished. The living room was kept in blue and white fitting the flair of the house. There were maritime motives and decorations. “If you don’t like the furniture or the design, we can still change everything,” Carlisle said. “No, I like it,” I said with a smile in his direction and walked into the dining room.

To my surprise it was attached to a winter garden. “This is beautiful,” I laughed in wonder and inspected the room more closely. The windows here were colored and I could imagine that when the sun shines in here it will shine in various colors. The room was furnished with mostly rattan furniture. There was a small glass table and several chairs that had a view out to the garden as well. That might get my favorite room, I thought and walked back into the dining room.

Just like the rest, it was kept in white and brown with blue and cream colored accents. But some things I found from our old home like a painting I’ve made when I was in art school. I laughed at that. Carlisle, who had been following me the entire time, smiled with me. “Never tell anyone who made that,” I told him with a light threat. “I wouldn’t dream,” he smirked.

The kitchen was modern and spacious with a kitchen island. It had a view on the entrance and the front lawn. From the windows here I could see our neighbor’s house. The lights were already turned off. I walked back into the hall. “There is a second guest bathroom down here. All other rooms are in the second and third storey,” he explained.

He took my hand and led me upstairs. Already in its rightful place was the piece with the graduation caps.

“That is my office,” Carlisle said and motioned to the first room to the left. It looked similar to his last office with shelf after shelf with books both literary and medical works. In the center stood the desk I’ve made him as my first wedding gift. “Oh, the memories,” I laughed when I looked at the desk. He looked confused at me for a second and then a mischievous smile appeared on his face. He leaned down and kissed me passionately. He broke away after a few seconds to let me breathe. “We should get to the next room,” he laughed lightly.