Trick or treat? - Raphael

Glossary:
(F/co) = Favorit costume
________________________________________________________________________________

Kage Mozou.

The school's most adored and talented athlete with the topscore of all, except for one, which you had overtaken him in, disciplines. The schools most attracted boy. Your hot roommate, as well as prior mentor, and now also a precious...friend? Boyfriend? Acquainted? 

The term to use wasn't exactly clear.

One and half a year had gone by, ever since you had left New York City to go follow your dreams, and now it was the night of Halloween. Much had happened through the time. Your circle of friends had increased, your knowledge and status had changed; but what had changed the most was your relationship with Kage.

At first you had been worried to share your room with a boy, who you'd thought was just another human boy without any sense to him. But as time went by, you began to grow closer to him and realize your prejudices had been wrong.

Kage wasn't like usual boys. He had depth to him. He was confident, but different from Raph; his confidence seemed to be wrapped up in mystery rather than straightforwardness. He was proud and arrogant, but somehow in a attractive manner, something you could relate to from your memories of Raph.

How you ended up with this odd bond was a good question, but it felt natural for you to spend time with him. Besides being roommates you spend the majority of time together, so naturally you ended up going to this year's Halloween party together. in matching (f/c) and dark red (f/co), you had randomly picked out together.

Side by side you had went  from your shared room to the school's celebration-halls. The halls were nicely decorated with illuminating pumpkins, skeletons, ghosts and other Halloween-themed decorations, which were apparently suppose to be scary. The party was fun the first couple hours, but when night turned to early morning, you had lost sight of Kage, and instead of searching for him, you decided to go outside for some fresh air.

Finally finding a free spot to be on your own, you ended at the tribunes, like you had at your first day, leaning against the railing, as gazing out at the moon-lighted and empty fields. Being at a party was good and all, yet incredible exhausting too. Time was a little half hour past midnight. It was a little too early to go back to the dorms, but since you had become separated from your escort, maybe it was a sign to call it a night?

"Seems like you got the same idea," a voice spoke as something brushed against your shoulder.

Jolting, you turned to the source, finding Kage leaning against the railing next to you, unfazed by your glaring or the frown that formed upon your features. Sending him a lst glare, you returned you gaze back to where it originally had been.

"No other place was available," you replied. "Besides...It's a shame to hide away from this view."

And it really was a shame. Even in late October, at the night of Halloween, the stars shone on the sky surrounding the lonely, white moon. It hadn't been your native reason to come out, but it certainly was your reason now to stay outside.

Kage didn't respond, but as well as you had gotten to know him, you knew his silence, at least, in this case, was an agreeable one. Simply standing there for a moment wordless, you enjoyed the view and the slight warmth you received from his shoulder that was touching yours.

"I guess, you're right. It's rare to see these kind of constellations, when near the city," he said and lifted his arm, pointing to the stars. "The Octant, the flying horse, Pegasus,  and the King."

Wrinkling your nose, you tried to gaze in the direction he pointed. "Where? I don't see any king."

Smoothly, Kage moved from his spot to behind you, making your eyes grow wide in surprise. Instead of standing beside you, he stood directly behind you, trapping you between him and the railing you now were pressed against. Blushing unintentionally, your body for some reason didn't push him away from the intimate position you were in.

"Right there," he told and guided his hand across the sky, so you better could see. "Right above Lacerta, the dragon."

"Oh..."

He didn't let go of you, but neither did you push him away. Instead, you continued to stand pressed against his chest, while he explained the other constellations. Maybe he noticed your blush, maybe you imagined it, but a smirk seemed to fall upon his lips, though he never commented once about it.

Halloween didn't seem scary at all.