Reunited connections - Donatello

The idea for this chapter was inspired by Iridian_Deadheart
This probably weren't your original thought, but hope you like it.
Thank you for your support
________________________________________________________________________________

To be at the same spot where you had been so many times before made your memories flow. The tree where Donnie for the first time had saved you from a bully from your school. The grass you had sat upon and held a picnic with Donnie on at your first date. All your memories from this precious spot, which were surrounded by a circle of trees, were all some you had shared with Donnie.

You both felt happy and sad at the same time as you remembered more and more the things you had went through at exactly this area. All the good memories from the time when things seemed uncomplicated. Now, however, everything were different.

After had been saved from the alternative dimension, thoughts started to pile up inside your head. The days when you had started your relationship with Donnie, you'd never had imagined that your life actually would become dangerous. You hadn't put a thought into the fact that your time with Donnie would be different from other 'noemal' couples. It never had dawned for you. Never. Not before the whole portal thing had happened.

You didn't regret falling in love with Donnie. You wouldn't never regret that, yet you somehow still were filled with doubt about your relationship. If a portal could transfer you to another universe, then surely other insane stuff could happen anytime at any secons. Maybe you and Donnie weren't suppose to be together. Maybe your love was wrong.

But it didn't feel wrong.

You brushed a hand over the grass underneath you. Picture showed up inside your head of your first date. You had felt so nervous that time, yet when you were with Donnie your nerves had calmed down. You had felt so happy the whole time and the kiss you had shared had felt so lovely.

No, it wasn't wrong.

You loved being with Donnie. You were happy and so was he. You had spend a whole year together, shared so many beautiful and enjoyable moments. It wasn't wrong of you to be together. It couldn't be.

And yet...

When you thought about your future, everything that popped up was sceneries of  danger and uncomfortable situations. You were scared. You were unsure. Did Donnie feel the same insecurities of the future just like you?

Suddenly a rustling sound in one of the bushes made you jolt back to reality. You snapped your head wide-eyed towards the sound in fear for who might had found you. Much to your surprise and relief the body that showed up before you, was the one of someone familiar.

Out of the bushes a purple-masked turtle stuck his head out and, as soon as noticing you, released a relived breath. He stepped out of the plants he was standing in and moved to you with a reassured smile.

"(Y/n), there you are," Donnie stated. "I was starting to worry."

You tilted your head. "Don? What are you doing here? It's the middle of the day."

"I know, but I wanted to be sure you were safe. Mikey said he saw you left the Lair while looking down-hearted,.."  Donnie's words trailed off. Instead of explaining further, he quietly took the spot in front of you, studying your expression, before including his brother had been right about his observation. "What's wrong, (Y/n)?

Your eyes flickered a short moment to his but then averaged timidly. "It's... nothing..." Though, he didn't say anything nor reacted, you were fully aware that he didn't believe you. So instead you looked down into your lap and confessed your concern. "I'm scared..."

"For what?" he questioned gently.

You bit you lower-lip hesitantly. "For doing something wrong." You raised your head enough to face a now quizzed Donnie. "For what'll happen. What if something worse happen next time?"

"I doubt, you'd believe me if I said that'd be impossible." Shifting his weight, Donnie took hold of one of your hands and covered with his. "Something likely will happen, but till then you're safe and I'm with you." Don smiled encouraging to you. "We'll overcome anything and everything together. That I'm certain."

His comfort was soothing, yet you were unable to stop yourself from asking. 'What if a new dimensional portal show up?"

"Then I'll search for you and find you," Don replied abrupt.

"What if someone attack us?"

"I'll protect you."

"What about someone kinapping me?"

"I'll get you back quicker than you'll notice."

Your conversation of 'what if's continued for awhile, but even though your ideas grew more and more unlikely and silly, then Donnie answered with seriousness painted over his green features. His  continuous reassured you and left your heart with warmth.

"What if I cut my finger?"

"Then I'll give you a patch." Donnie put your hand up to his lips and kissed your fingertips. "NO matter what, (Y/n), then you won't have to worry. Just believe in me."

Although, blushing by his action, you smiled and nodded. Then a last question appeared in your mind. "Are you sure I'm that worth? You could find someone much more comfortable with what's coming..."

"No ond is more suitable for me than you." You gazes locked upon each other, and though Don's eyes were kind as usually, then they displayed determination and that any discussion was out of the question. When you finally nodded your head understanding, Don continued by changing the topic. "Now, instead of worrying about the future, let's make this day special and make a picnic."

You followed onto his next topic and smilws excited by his suggestion. "It'll be like deja vu." He shook his head. "Not the same, but even better. Everything is better with you around."

Things didn't end out like planned, And sure enough you still were afraid of the next crazy thing you'd be thrown into, but it didn't really matter. You were with Donnie, and he waa with you. Just enjoying your time together, and everything would be okay again.