Irrational fears - Raphael

This chapter was requested by Silvaira
Hope I lived up to your expectations ;)

The used phobias is:
  Entomophobia = Fear of insects.
  Astraphobia =  Fear of thunder and/or lightning.
________________________________________________________________________________

 Many things have you been called through you the 16 years you had been living. All from a hottie to a brat and everything in between.
However what you rarely ever were called, was a scaredy-cat. You as close to never showed when you were scared, but if you'd show, then no one would be around to see.

This evening you sat in your bed tightly cuddled in to a soft blanket, tense as ever. Outside of your window was a storm raging on with thunder and lightning filling the sky. These two things were the few things you feared most, while you did a brave effort to stay sensible. Luckily for you, your brothers and parents had taken a trip outside time for the night, leaving you all the space you wanted to could freak out, if the thunder came closer.

What you hadn't been calculated, was when your else locked window was slid open just as a thunder roared across the sky. You yelped pressing yourself closer to the wall you were leaning against.

By the light of the flash, you saw the glimpse of Raph smirking in the window-frame towards you. "What's wrong princess? It's just me."

You glared half-hearted at him tucking the blanket even closer. "I-It's nothing."

"Hey, I'm just kidding." He moved across the floor to your bed in one movement, still wearing a smile. "Tell me: Are you scared of a little noise above you?"

"I'm NOT..." A new crash was heard, louder than the first one, making you body and soul flinch uncomfortably.

"Sure you aren't," he sarcastic replied, before he sat beside you and placed a assuring arm around you, pulling you closer towards him.  Far from what you had expected, his voice were comfortingly and wasn't even close to be mocking.

Letting yourself be protected, you relaxed a little and looked up from his shoulder, you had had your head at. "Wh-What are you afraid of Raphie?"

He smirked to you superior: "Me? Afraid? That's words you can't create a sentence with."

You pointed upwards as you requested a favor: "Would you remove the spider then? I can't reach it and it's both..."

Before you could finish, shocked you witnessed as Raph startled tumbled out of your bed, quicker than what should be possible for even a ninja. Forgetting your own fear, your gazed down at him surprised to find his shell pressed up against the wall.

At first you were clueless to why he would react like that, but as it hit you, and his wild expression only confirmed it, a giggle found its way through your lips, making your boyfriend frown annoyed.

"Raphael, are you afraid of a tiny spider?" you asked amused, trying to suppress a laugh. An effort there didn't hold for very long.

Raph grumbled, though still timidly looking to the roof, keeping an eye at the small spider there was playing around in its cobweb above your bed: "I'm not afraid. But that little monster is disgusting."

To your amazement, Raph stood back up, took a tissue from your drawer and with a graceful jump, caught the bug, killing it. You watched admiringly his actions. The most admiring part wasn't the fact that he removed it as you had requested. No it was the fact that he did it, while sending a dark glare towards the tissue in his hand the whole time, obviously hating it,

He threw it into your trashcan, before he went back to your bed and sat as he had done earlier with his arm around you, though sending you a lovable glare. "Weren't you suppose to be scared right now for the weather? Quit your grin, princess."

Though the words was rough, his tone wasn't very threateningly. You simply kept on your smile, earning a resignedly sigh. Alright, so maybe Raph was right: Apparently he had no 'big dark secret' he was really scared of like yourself. In return however, you did find out he had a passionate dislike for insects. Something you definitely couldn't help but enjoy just a little.