Bloody hell - Leonardo

Everybody as their own way of getting rid of the monthly pain that occur for a young lady on her period. Some listen to music, some cry, some watch cheesy movies. And then there's these who, like you, eat for comfort. Now, that isn't a bad way to go through your period but, for the people around you, it may seem like you have a little eating obsession. At least if you hadn't mentioned the fact that you were on your period.

Which you hadn't.

Leo actually took your craving for ice cream relatively well. He didn't ask question nor stopped you from eating it. But as you became more and more hysterical when you weren't given ice cream, he started to feel rather concerned and aware of your sudden weird way of acting.

Today it seemed like the last push, however, had done the work.

You sat in the kitchen at the table, happily eating the ice cream you had been served, meanwhile Leo sat opposite you, observing you with a worried look. Sighing, you let go of your spoon as you had finished your third can of ice cream in under two hours.

"(Y/n), sweetheart..."

"Can I have some more, pretty please?"

Just as he started, you interrupted him with a gesture as you waved with the can for another portion. Timidly he took the can, but did no further move to get up from his chair. Seeing him study you, you began to pout.

"Leo, ice cream. Now."

Still with a doubtful expression, he got up and turned to the fridge where he summoned a new can of ice cream, before handing it you. Instantly as getting your fingers in the can, your pouty grimace turned into a delighted smile. Again you opened the can and dug into its content.

"(Y/n), are you sure nothing is wrong?" Leo finally asked, no longer able to suppress his concern.

"No, why?" you questioned with the spoon in your mouth.

"Well...You've eaten an awful lot of ice cream recently and I doubt that can be healthy..."

Shaking your head, you continued eating. "Nothing's wrong."

 "What about we cut down the ice cream a little?"

"NO!"

The moment Leo had tried to take the can from you, you shouted in protest as loud you could. Both of your flinched at the following echo which soon accompanied you. Blushing embarrassed by your own reaction some of your common sense returned.

"S-Sorry,"  you apologized guilty and handed him the can willingly. "It's just...It really helps easing the pain."

"The pain..?"

"Yeah. My period is killing me this month, and something either really warm or cold usually helps."

Leo's eyes grew in size for a brief moment, as he comprehended what you were saying. Then as if finally understanding what was going on, he let out a heartfelt chuckle. April had been on her period while staying in the Lair, too. Why hadn't he figured out that your behavior had been caused by same struggle. 

Moving behind you, he hugged you carefully from behind, placing an appropriate hand on your belly.  "I'm sorry, I didn't notice, but if you had told me (Y/n), I could've helped sooner." He send you an encouraging smile. "I know of ways to warm you up, so a deal, okay? No more ice cream and I'll assure you, I'll ease your pain."

Surprised by his reaction, you found yourself unconsciously nodding in approval, although Leo barely needed to do anything further. Him hugging you that close was more than enough to set your heart ablaze.