Two sides of the same shell - Leonardo

Forgiveness is a part of life, and so are changes. You knew that very well, yet somehow you, still days after your encounter, had a hard time adjusting to the new Hamato family and its members. It wasn't like they treated you bad. Actually it was the exact opposite. 

Everybody was nice towards you and treated you as a guest of the house. Mikey was a sweetheart like usual and made you crack a smile every now and then with his silly exclamation of either booyakasha or his calling for the cat which was living in their fridge.

Donnie stayed just as much a genius and helpful as you already knew him to be.  Just the very hour after had heard about your little travel through space and time, he had went to his lab in a attempt to bring back a way for you to return to your dimension. 

Even Raph, who suspected you of a spy, showed his kindness and lend you a hand of support when minor troubles occurred to you. Everybody showed their best intentions and let you know they were willing to help you. The truth was it wasn't the whole family you had a hard time with.

Only one Turtle.

Only Leo.

Of all the family members he was the most caring of them all. Usually it'd be considered as a good thing, but instead of helping he made you feel so much worse. It pained your heart to see him, hear him, feel him, because he reminded you of the person you once had loved.

Desperately you had tried to avoid him with all your might, but you came to realize it was easier said than done. Although he was aware that you intentionally avoided him, he never ceased his efforts.

This afternoon you, however, finally seemed to have a moment you could let your guard down. The guys had went out on a run in town while master Splinter meditated in his room, leaving he rest of the Lair in your care.

Slumping down on the couch in the little valley you let out a heavy sigh. For a change of pace you now, for better or worse, had the time to go through what exactly happened to you four days ago before the events of the dimension-traveling.

You had been aware of the brutal truth, since the moment you left Leo's room. But first now you really understood the meaning of it properly: Your relationship with Leo was over.

You could feel your heart pound in your chest painfully, while a lump formed in your throat. In the end you never got to experience your happy ending. Like everything else around you it ended in a tragedy. First your parents died. Then you lost your home. And now? Now you had broken up with the one person in life who actually made you special.

You were only 16 years old, yet already you had found out the cruel meaning of life: To be hurt time after time. Happiness was temporarily and was for you just a bitter illusion. If real happiness existed, you doubted you'd ever get the chance to feel it.

 You strangled the whimper which was about to escape from your lips, but it was too late. Tears already had started flowing in hot rivers down your cheeks. You gasped for air as your body trembled.

"(Y/n)...!" you heard someone exclaiming near the entrance of the Lair. The noise of footsteps approaching, and Leo stood before you with a face filled of worry. "You're crying..."

"I c-can't...I-I can't take it," you sobbed agonized. You brain acknowledge his presence, though it should be a mystery why he was there, but your chest was too tight for you to care. A mess of thoughts ran through your head while your body showed the condition of distress you were in. "It hurts...It hurts so bad..."

"(Y/n)..."

"Make it stop, plea-please," you begged with all your might, wishing for your hell to end.

Bewildered and sad Leo knelt down in front of you. Tenderly he pressed his forehead against yours and chanted in a quiet yet comforting voice. "Please don't cry, (Y/n). You'll be alright. It'll be alright."

 You had avoided him ever since you met, yet now you asked him for help. It was all insane, but you didn't care. You felt too hallow inside to care about anything. All you needed right now was someone who could comfort you and be the light in the darkness you were in for a time.

You prayed for life to give you at least this moment. Just one moment more where you had someone to rely on.

<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>   

Leo's POV
I once was someone who could say he lived with honor and not with regret. But the moment I insulted (Y/n), my path was set and I no longer could call myself a ninja whom lived by the life of a warrior.

She had poured water and flowers out on me the last time I saw her. Simply because I had been such a fool and pushed her, the one who made the shine of stars look faint, away. Barely moments after had kicked her out, I was filled with contriteness and had chased after her in vain. 

She had left and never came back.

I can't blame her. She must really hate me after everything I said to her. I can't believe I took my bad mood out on her and yet still she stayed long enough for me to hurt her even more. I called her a bad girlfriend, when the truth is, I was the terrible one in our relationship.

She won't forgive me.

I won't forgive me.

(Y/n) is the sweetest and most selfless person I know, and she deserves so much more than me. She thinks I have saved her multiple times, but in reality it has always been her who saved me. She's always strong even after had so hard a life. I wish I could tell her that. That she's strong and the whole world worth.

If I got one last chance, I'd tell her all that. Say to her I never will let her be sad again. I'd say I'll treasure her happiness and that I only would let a smile from her be good enough. Most of all I'd beg her to come back

I'd tell her one more time: I love her.