Secrets become revealed pt 2. - Donatello

Don's POV

Through the dim light from the moon that was allowed to pass through he tree crown, I barely could see the reaction from (Y/n) as the truth came out to the world. Her upset expression changed to a speechless one. I was just able to notice her mouth opening and closing repeatedly, as she suddenly froze in place and the color red spread across her cheeks.

"W-W-What?" she stammered flustered and looked aside shyly, "You c-can't."

Confused I tried in vain to meet her eyes. "Why can't I like you? No matter what you feel back I can't help, but like you." A nervous blush folded around my face. "You're amazing."

"It's not cause you c-can't, it's just...I'm me and you're you," she said doing a great job to ignore my gaze, "why would you like me? I'm not special."

I cupped her cheeks in my hands, stopping her from looking away. "Why would you say that? You're charming, lovely and intelligent. You make my zygomaticus muscles contract every time you cross my mind(The muscles that make you smile)," I smiled softly. 

For  a moment our eyes just were locked, and I got to see into the pair of (e/c) eyes of the person I had fallen for. I rubbed with my thumb, her cheek soothingly to lighten the silence we were caught in. 

"I'm sorry, I left you alone (Y/n). But I wasn't ready to confess to you before now. Affection isn't science, so I had no way to predict how you would feel with it...And I still don't know.."

Explaining my way of thinking would probably get me know where. After all the expressions of hurt she had been making earlier still was engraved into my memory. I couldn't apologize for the time there had passed while I hid from her, but right now it was all I give. I couldn't change something there had already happened, but maybe I at least could tell her my reasons for my vanishment.

The warmth of her face, unexpectedly pressed closer to my hand. The corner of her eyes had turned slightly swollen as few tears fromed. I tried to move my hand up to brush the away, but she grabbed my hand, holding it back against her cheek.

"You don't have to feel guilty Donnie..." she said, "I-I'm not hurt by it...Not anymore." Obviously noticing my surprised grimace as how she could tell what I was feeling, she smiled light-hearted. "Honestly I wasn't happy you didn't tell me, but now I know, i feel more relieved."

"You...You don't feel uncomfortable with what I just told you?"

She shook her head and lowered my hand, she still were grasping, looking aside again hesitating. I was worried at first I might had made her uncomfortable unintentionally, but when she again turned her focus at me, my worries disappeared.

"No, because..." To keep her going, I squeezed her hand encouraging. "...because I'm happy you feel so. I do too...that's why I was so upset when you left." 

This time it was my turn to look silly.  I litterally gawked at her astonished, almost to a point where it would be weird. Surprisingly she simply giggled and looked ødown. When my daze faded, I couldn't resist but grin along.

There we sat for awhile, grinning and giggling for no particular reason, and blushed every time our gazes made. It could be called awkward if you looked it up in a glossary, but for us it just was naturally and silly in a good way.

"You know," I started, when we both had fell silent, "if I ever leave again, you don't have to look for me."

Her eyes widened confused and her posture tensed. "Why wouldn't I look for you?"

I probably could've said it in another way, but what I said was how the truth was. I laid a arm around her insuring. "Because I'll return to you sooner or later."

I could litterally feel her body relax and lean into my embrace subconsciously as she sighed out. Somewhere underneath my shell I believe my nerves sighed too. I could have stayed home longer and tried to calculate the chance of the situation I was in right now would end with a good outcome. Luckily I hadn't.

It was reliving I had decided to come back tonight to tell her, and even more I was happy it ended positively.

I felt a light nudge in my side out of the blue to see (Y/n) pointing up at the sky. I followed her finger and looked up. The sky, unlike before, was now clear enough to show the stars sparkling. We not saying nor doing anything, we smiled and watched the night's amazing view together.