Young love - Donatello

This chapter was inspired by Leo-Bear
Every idea, one-shot-ish or not, is appreciated wholeheartedly.
Thank you for your support.
_______________________________________________________________________________

Donnie's POV

For the longest while ever, my brothers and I had had a pleasant and quiet time. Crime had ceased and activities from the Foot and the Purple Dragons had shown more and more rarely.

But as my families fixer my time, pleasant or not, still was quite busy and that did not only affect me. Even though I had done my best to spare as much time for (Y/n) as possible, I still caught her every now and then, sitting in the living room section with a somewhat lonely expression.

And today was one of these days as well. Around lunch time I was walking out of the lab and passed by, when I saw her. Fudging with a book, I heard her sigh, instantly making my heart tighten painfully..

As she closed her book, I was about to  approach her, but found that I was a moment too late. Before I could react Klunk, Mikey's cat, appeared from nowhere and marrily began to rub against (Y/n)'s leg. From my distance I could hear her giggle by the touch, and I was happy to see her smile.

Meanwhile watching the display, a old yet fond memory showed up into my mind. I couldn't remember the details, but it reminded me of this monent. Where I had, though, experienced? When had I experienced it?

<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>

Many years ago at the age of 6 the guys and I had come to be aware of a whole new world: The surface. Quite a few times, even with master Splinter's warnings, we sneaked our way out to the land of unknown.

One day while everybody were busy with the respective business, I crept out on my own. I knew it was dangerous, yet the danger was at no challenge to my everlasting curiosity. Using everything we had learnt, I for ours spend my day exploring the human world.

At the days last strays of sunlight I ended my trip with a little stroll in one of the alleys near the harbor. I loved staring out over the sea. It was refreshing in many ways, and even though I was hidden in the shadows I still could enjoy the smell of saltwater.

Sitting upon one of the alley's trash containers, while watching out over the open, I was scared out of my shell when something ticklish was pressed against me from behind. I spun around quickly in horror, but was relived when I saw the culprit.

For all my luck, the one who had taken me by surprise was a young, orange kitten with few spots of white fur. The cat tilted its head in wonder, due to my reaction, as it gazed up at me. I breathed out, relaxing once again, at my luck. What would the others have said, if a human had found me? If I never had returned home?

The cat wiggled its tail lazily, seeing as I didn't respond. Stepping over to me carelessly it continued the affectionate rubbing from earlier. Smiling, I lifted my hand and stroke the cat's back. My hand slowly moves up to its neck where I, not surprised, discovered no collar nor tag.

"You're just like me," I stated. "No home in the daylight either."

As a reply, my new friend purred. Carefully I lifted it up and onto my lap where it comfortable cuddled itseld into a soft ball. For a little while I caressed with a tender grin. Suddenly, however, the cat began to stir, and I startled grasped out after it as it jumped down from my lap to the ground gracefully. Giving me little attention, the cat went towards the end of the alley and looked around the corner.

I was confused by the sudden change, but stood oanf carefully worked my way to it, pressed up against the wall, curious what it was looking at. I peeked out of my hideout for a second just to instantly pulling it back with a bolt jolt, almost hugging the wall behind me.

Around the corner sat a human on one of the harbor'd benches. Fearing the worst for might have been seen, my heart pounded hard in my chest. One minute passed followed by another until my pulse finally slowed down without anyone running after me.

I dared smother timid look out in to the open as I stuck my head out once more. Now when I looked closer, I was assured that the human hadn't seen me. That gave me a little more time to observe.

The human I had seen was actuality less scary than first thought. It was a little girl with (h/l) (h/c) close to my own age. By one look she instead of seeming dangerous appeared more sad. No others were to be seen nor parents or friends. She was alone.

M

y stomach twisted a little at her expression. She seemed lonely. Why wasn't she with her friends or her parents? She just sat there with her head down and her knees pressed up against her chest.

By reflect, I wanted to cheer her up, yet I had no idea to how. I couldn't show myself not I could speak with her. What could I do? My eyes fell to the cat who stood before me and immediately I got an idea.

Quietly I shoved the cat out from our hiding spot in the direction of the girl. Whether or not it understood me, I never figured out, but it succeeded its job. Just like with me, the kitten approached the girl and rubbed it's soft our against her skin.

Her expression changed into a smile.

<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>

"Donnie?" (Y/n)'s voice interrupted my flashback, obviously having noticed I had been staring at her for awhile.

I shook my head slightly bewildered at my surroundings. "Hm?"

"You're staring..." she replied shyly. "is something wrong?"

Klunk had left her side, and now she once more sat alone. I hadn't been able to cheer up the  girl from the past myself, but today wasn't the past. Today I didn't fear humen, but was in love with one.

"Nothing. I just thought, I'd take a break." Smiling, I approached her, taking the role our orange cat earlier had had.