Unlike confrontation - Raphael

Honestly it was a weird feeling. Being bathed with sunlight, breathing in once again nauseous exhaust from vehicles, hearing the noise of 8538 million people living in the same crowded city. Simply everything that characterized your city for yours felt different in more ways than you thought possible. You hadn't even wanted to return to the surface. The chance that you'd meet your family was big, and the last thing you really wanted was to face your parents.

Since it was Master Splinter's wish for you to go to school or at least leave the Lair while the brothers were training, you really had no opportunity to refuse. What did you want the most? Stay away from the streets or make the ninjutsu-using rat mad? The answer was just as obvious as anything could be.

Raph had teased you with the reason for your reluctance to leave was due to 'your secret wish' to see him saturated with sweat while sparing. As a reply to his teasing, you had hit his arm as hard you could and left with the other girls for school.

Sometimes after you had found your way out of the sewers and the right manhole for you to use, you had climbed up arriving at the back entrance of your school. You figured a few classes wouldn't hurt. Meanwhile, you were at the school you might as well check if anybody had asked or was in search of you.

Or maybe you once again would be disappointed with the outcome.

<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>

After the teacher in your first class had instructed you with today's work and everybody had begun, you unobtrusive slid off your chair and went up to the teacher's desk. She looked up at you pendingly.

"Yes Ms. (L/n)?"

"Mrs. (???)." You straightened your back, trying to appear as solemn as possible. "Has there, by any chance, been anyone asking after me?"

She laid the pen she was holding and clasped her hands together in front of you on that teacher kinda way every student gets frustrated about. "Could you specify that? Why or who should ask?"

"I'm just asking...Miss." You clenched your hands behind your back. Maybe this had been a bad idea.

"With no other intention?"

"No."

She observed you closely as if she knew you fished for something in particular. A moment later she seemed to give up on finding anything and sighed. "No. No one has mentioned you," she told and added. "But your absence has been noticed. Since either you nor your parents have informed the office it's signed as illegal dearth. Now go back to your seat, you don't want to separate further from the class, do you?"

You lowered your head, but managed to utter few words from your dry mouth. "No, Mrs. (???). Thank you."

You went back to your seat. The rest of the lesson continued in silence from your side.

<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>

By the end of class as the last recess started, you finally looked up from the desk you had been staring at the whole lesson through. As you heard the last pair of footsteps leave the classroom you finally let out the sigh you had held in. From what the teachers had told you, no one had asked for you and apparently not even noticed your disappearance.

You stood from your chair and slowly packed all your belongings back into your school-bag as the Hamato family had provided you with. You cleaned up and left soon after the classroom and afterward the school's area. There was no need in staying when you had gotten all the info you needed. You had been gone for a week, so skipping two hours of lessons more couldn't be that big of a deal.