Forgive or forget? pt 2. - Leonardo

Note: All Turtles named by full-names are not from the 2003 dimension.

Example: "Leonardo smiled to you." = From the other dimension.

"Leo bowed deeply." = From the 2003 dimension

________________________________________________________________________________

Leo's expression stayed stiff the entire time he stared at his counterpart. He wanted to be irritated at his younger self, yet he couldn't. He couldn't be mad at someone who was right; at someone who protected you

After a moment of silence he broke the connection between them and instead turned to you with somberness clearly shown. Your heart tightened painfully just by seeing him like that. You were still hurt from the fight. Obviously. But it hadn't struck your mind before that Leo could've been suffering too. The question, however, was why. Why did it hurt? Why did you suffer?

"He's right," Leo stated. "(Y/n), I won't force you to go nor forgive me, but please this one time, listen to what I have to say." 

"(Y/n), you don't ha..."

Leonardo was about to protest, but you cut him off with a shake by the head. Even with such a messy situation, Leo should be allowed to speak. Leonardo didn't look very glad of your choice, yet he stayed quiet and suppressed his worry when you stiffened as Leo approached.

"I'm sorry you had to wait a whole week, (Y/n)," he started off with a self-reproachful frown. "A friend of mine, Renet, she was playing around with the time-scepter and in some way managed to create portals in the Lair sending you and the rest of the girls through time and space." He shook his head in disbelief. "After our fight I searched after you everywhere. When Renet visited and told us about what had happened, I ordered her to send me here right away so I could bring you home and apologize."

Shocked you watched with wide eyes as Leo, the fearless leader, wielder of twin katanas, laid his pride aside and bowed to you with head down in apology, low enough for the tails of his mask to brush against the floor. Shamefully he lowered his head even more, leaving his younger self just as startled as you were.

"Leo...What...?"

"I'm really sorry, (Y/n). For everything. I said horrible things to you, when all you tried to do was help.," he apologized pained. "I was wrong in so many ways. You're opinion isn't useless. By any means it's one of the most important." He raised his head and looked up to meet your eyes. " You're a part of my family, (Y/n). You're a part of me. I can't change the past, but I can change the future. I want to make up for the way I hurt you. I want to treasure your happiness and assure you never will be sad again."

Leo stood from his bowed position and too your speechless and frozen figure into his arms, hugging you tightly. Your entire body shivered while your heart waved at the warmth. You remembered the many times you before had been in his. It felt so safe and natural, like that was the place in life you belonged. Right there. Right by Leo's side.

"You have every right to hate me, but please take me back. Please be my girlfriend again," Leo plead near your ear. "I love you more than anything in this world, (Y/n). I'll apologize over and over as much you want, just please give me a new chance."

You couldn't, could you? Hadn't you been over him? Hadn't you started a new life? The answer was 'no'. No, if anything you knew the reason for your sadness was, because you still loved him even after everything you had gone through.

Per reflex your arms folded around him tightly. "I've missed you so much."

The heavy burden both of you had lifted now was gone. Like a puzzle, things fell to place one after another. "I've missed you too. I'll never let you go again"

For the first time in a long time your beautiful smile again formed in to a genuine one. You leaned into him. "I won't ever let you do it again."

Leo smiled and let go to hold your hand instead. "You'll come with me?"

"Yes. I want to go home," you replied with a nod.

Leonardo who had watched the whole scene in silence, spoke up relieved to see you smile yet troubled by who made you smile. "Are you really sure, (Y/n)? That...That..." He gulped hesitant. "That this is what you want?"

"It is." Turning to Leonardo you stepped forward and embraced him. "Thank you for taking care of me and giving me a home. I'll miss you."

Unable to hide his disappointment he sighed resigned and hugged you back. "Take care of yourself, alright? There's always place for you here if you need it."

"She won't. She already has a home," Leo interjected as an answer for you.

You and Leonardo looked at each other for a brief second, before breaking into a grin as you separated from one another. You returned to Leo's side in front of the portal that just had appeared behind you and nodded in agree.

"I'll be fine, Captain. Take care."

"You too."

You waved to the young version of your boyfriend in farewell, before you and Leo went into the familiar whirlpool hand in hand. Soon you'd return back. Back to your home and back to your family.