Reality check pt. 2 - Leonardo

"(Y/n)!" 

You pried your eyes open as a voice penetrated through your subconsciousness. You could feel water burn in your eyes when light filled your view. Your body shook like a chihuahua while your mind and heart raced wild.

"(Y/n)...."

You squealed in fear when a hand touched your arm. You jerked away from it as if fleeting, first starting to comprehend what was really going on, when you realized it didn't follow you. Eyes darting from side to side a picture of your surroundings formed for you. You were in Leo's room, on his bed, and before you, on the edge of the bed, sat the owner of the hand.

For a brief moment your heart stopped. Leo was the one who had touched you. In comparison to who you just had experienced this Leo didn't look evil. His face was folded in sadness while his eyes showed nothing but worry.

"L-Leo..." you stuttered.

He reached out his hands to you again this time awaiting for your reaction. "It's me..."

You stared at it fearfully. Imagies were still running around your head. The way you felt helpless. The way you had disgusted his treatment. Somehow all of that melted away by his tone. You hesitantly laid your hand in his, automatically letting him pull you in to his arms

"You're safe, I promise." His arms were warm while he held you tightly. "I heard you scream. What happened?"

As reality finally dawned for you your body relaxed and things puzzled together. You had had a nightmare. It had all been a dream, yet it still for you felt so real.

"It was awful!" you stated, sobs starting to gather in your throat. You didn't want to cry more than you knew you had while sleeping but unable to suppress it hot tears began to stream on their own.

You told him the whole thing; from your run to his abuse. The further you explained the louder your wimpering echoed and the worse your headache became. Leo held you the whole time while rubbing your back.

"Shh," he commented at last as you had stopped speaking, yet still was letting water flow. "Don't cry anymore, (Y/n). It was only a dream." He lightened his grasp and spoke ever so softly. "You're safe and I won't ever let anything hurt you. Not even me."

Your (e/c) eyes met with his. The truth were written in them and you knew he meant them. Tiredly you leaned against his plastron. Having a nightmare did a great job exhausting anybody who had it. However, though you were tired you didn't want to sleep. You never wanted to go back to such dark a universe. Not now, not ever.

"Go back to sleep, alright?" Your leader in blue's eyes softened from his usual serious one. He took your hand and squeezed it "I'll protect you."

"I don't want..." Simultaneously as speaking dizziness overwhelmed you making you slant strongly to the side. 

"Woah..." Leo caught you before you could fall out of bed. Cautiously he laid you down, letting you use his lap as a pillow. "Be careful. (Y/n)," You shook your head sleepy though you knew it wasn't very convincing.

"Leo, I can't relax." You looked up to him. Your fright had turned in to anxious. "Maybe you'll turn dark again." 

You had thought he'd refuse the possibility. Instead, however, his expression went thoughtful for a time before he opened his mouth again. Surprisingly a quiet song replaced the words you had expected. You had no memories of Leo ever singing before. He wasn't any popstar, but somehow it soothed your nerves. Your puls slowed and your eyes became heavy the further the song lasted.

Leo stroked your hair smiling to you lightly. The bare gesture were gentle and so was the continuous words flowing steadily. You barely noticed the moment you eyes closed nor did you notice your anxious had become a feeling of warmth and security inside your chest. You fell asleep with Leo as a pillow, the song forming sweet dreams to your sleep...

"Can you feel the love tonight?
The peace the evening brings
The world, for once, in perfect harmony
With all its living things
Can you feel the love tonight?
You needn't look too far
Stealing through the night's uncertainties
Love is where they are..."

________________________________________________________________________________

Song/chorus: Can You Feel the Love Tonight(From Disney's Lion KIng)