What are we? - Donatello

Note: On the video you will be able to see the described experiment. If you wish to see the reaction, skip to te time 3;00.

________________________________________________________________________________

The best things with school, would in your opinion probably be that you could show you were smart. Maybe not with a ball, but then with a book or a chemistry set. That was one of many things you had in common with Donnie. You liked to know things and to use your head. When the occasion though happened and you got unsure about something, you had the tendency to become tense or overthink a lot of things.

You walked along the fence of your school at the last minutes of your break. Spending the recess with a little stroll always felt good. Following the construction of the building, you passed the canteen, the office, a bunch of classrooms, and not least, a lot of your fellow students.   

Specially today, you had felt more tense than usually. After have been united with Donnie once again, everything went back to normal. If course 'normal' was a good thing, but in the same time it confused you.

Even though you both had confessed nothing had changed. Did that mean you weren't together? Was he still just a close friend? You hated having questions, but no answers. Not even your else so nice stroll seemed to help on your doubts.

Before the bell rang, you arrived at the football-team's most normal hang out place, the fields. They already were at the end of the game, tackling one and another more brutal than ever. You shuddered in sympathy for the players who volunteered themselves for such violence. Not wanting to continue watching a bunch of guys beating each other up, you turned away to start your walk back to your classroom.

"(Y/N)! HEY."

Before you could leave, someone suddenly shouted your name. When you looked back, the face of a player grinning at you dumbly were inches apart from you. Flustered you stumbled back to make a distance of the new company you had gotten..

"W-W-What is it?" you stammered trying to hide your surprise of being called..

"You don't have anything planned for the weekend, do you?"

"I-I...W-Well..."

He grabbed your arm firmly, making you uncomfortable: "I hope you don't. After all you want to help me out with some of my assignments right?"

Of course you knew 'helping' meant he wanted you to do his homework for him. With the support of Donnie, you had been better to decline people, but at this moment with the glance of the player staring at you, it felt impossible to do so. The tone in his voice seemed more as a order than a question itself.

The bell in the schoolyard sounded loud and clear over the field. Taking your silence as a yes, he let go of you and left with a satisfied smile. You looked after him, mind racing as you in vain tried to come up with something that would give you the opportunity to refuse.

When nothing came up, you sighed deeply and walked back to your classroom just in time as your teacher arrived. In this lesson you had chemistry. Your teacher told you about today's experiment about how to use the pH scale using red cabbage. He paired your classmates one and one, and unlucky as you were, you got paired with the the football-player you just had been with few moments ago.

As the other tables were taken, you took the last counter free at the corner of the room. On the table the things you should use already had been set up and ready to go.. You found your safety wearings and got ready to mix things into the clear purple liquid you had in a cob, just as the your fellow classmates had.

Just when you were about to begin, a small beep from your pocket revealed someone had written to you. Confused who it might could be, you put back down the cob you were holding and dug your phone out to see who it was from.

Donnie: Hey (Y/n). Please step a little back from the counter.

You blinked a couple times surprised. The message was from Donnie, but the content inside didn't make sense, as it else usually would. You mind got filled with questions. Step back? He meant now? But why? You were clueless what and why he had sent a message like that to you. Maybe he was joking? But that wasn't like Donnie...

Though the order didn't make sense for you, you followed the words and stepped away from the counter, just in time as your working-partner mixed a gunpowder of something white into the cob placed on the table.

Immediately the mix reacted and the purple liquid in the cab started boiling, something a normal red cabbage indicator shouldn't do. A beam of foam suddenly shot up from the cob in a big fountain. The foam splattered everywhere, among that it attacked your panicking partner, so he turned into one enormous foam-snowman.

Things went chaos; laugh and screams mixed together as your class went wild and your teacher desperately tried to get control over the cob that kept on spitting out purple foam. In the middle of havoc, a new message beeped in on your phone. As you suspected it again was from Donnie.

Donnie: Just thought a little surprise to my all too nice girlfriend would be in place ;) Your friend beside you much likely won't go out this weekend. The color is protracted.

Donnie: So he gotta do his assignments alone. After all we have a deal together right? =).

Of course the foam-snowman was funny and all, but right now you were smiling for another  reason: Happiness. You felt butterflies in your tummy and more than anything you looked forward to this weekend. As answer of the football-players question:

Yes, you had plans for the weekend: To be with your boyfriend.