Halloween Fun

A short story about some BC cats having some fun on Halloween

The black cat slinked through the darkness. Stars lined the edges of her fur and she breathed in the forest air once more.

This was Nightshadow, formerly known as Nightstar. She had died moons ago but was now able to live again on this special day.

She smiled to herself as she remembered a conversation with a former clanmate, Beetleflight.

"Beetleflight," the leader asked, "What's with all the strange twolegs?"

"Stranger than usual, you mean?" The tomcat turned his one eye to face her.

Nightstar laughed, "Sure. They have strange glowing decorations and are in strange costumes. One looked like me!"

Beetleflight's one eye lit up, "Halloween! That was my favorite twoleg holiday. They went all out in costumes and got this delicious thing called candy."

Nightstar replayed this conversation in her head. Somehow, this "Halloween" had also allowed StarClan cats to become visible.

And now she could live once again.

"Night!" A voice yelped, "He's chasing me!"

Lightningstrike (formerly known as star) jumped out of the bushes. Yet again, Nightstar saw his new resemblance to his father. His eye was permanently closed along with his other scars, and a long gash on his leg made him unable to walk without a limp. She shivered, how could cats be so cruel.

Another tomcat appeared a few steps behind. He was a very large cat, his white fur standing out in the darkness. This was Bone, the first leader.

He tackled Lightningstrike and the two rolled on the ground.

Yet another cat came out of the bushes, Cedarshade, the most recent leader.

"I can't believe I'm saying this." She groaned, "Stop acting like a kitten, dad!"

Lightningstrike grinned and walked over. The four cats stood in a circle, slowly joined by more.

Shadowtail, Beetleflight, Graytail, Snowstorm, Thunderstrike, and many other forgotten cats joined.

Everything was fine until two glowing eyes appeared in the darkness.

Shadefeather (star), Lightningstrike's father and another former leader stepped out.

"Heard you planning without us, we request to join too. Always fun to give the new ones a scare."

Bone nodded and the Dark Forest cats slunk into the circle.

No deTAILS are needed, but after many laughs and tears, reunions were made. Too soon, the night was over. And with a final goodbye the cats ascended into the stars to continue their watch over their loved ones. The darkness slowly faded into light as the night passed.

Yet another day of Halloween fun had come and gone.

Yeah, yeah, BC has been gone a while, but I was reminded of it and got some inspiration so here ya go.