43 - (o)

she's got a way // billy joel

"Hey," I said to Austin as I walked into his bedroom at his house. Parker and I decided it'd be nice if we let Randy and Taylor have the house to themselves tonight. "What are you doing?"

I had just gotten out of the shower and walked out of the bathroom to see Austin sitting on the edge of the bed, looking at the pictures of his mom that Savannah had given him.

"I just miss my mom a lot today," he smiled at me as I sat next to him. "I don't know why but Randy got me thinking today."

"What do you mean?" I asked him, rubbing his back to soothe him.

"I just... What if one day we have a kid?" He asked me. "Like if that's in the cards for us. Our kid won't be able to know my mom. They couldn't love her."

"Austin, I never knew your mom but I love her," I told him, leaning my head on his shoulder. "I love her mostly because she gave me you."

"Sometimes I can't help but wonder who I'd be if she were still around," he sighed, getting up from the bed and walking to his desk, putting the envelope on it. "Maybe I'd be a better person for you."

"Hey," I stood up and walked over to him, wrapping my arms around his torso and hugging him. "I fell in love with this Austin, not who you could've been."

He wrapped his arms around me as well, squeezing me to assure me that he appreciates me trying to make him feel better.

"I just miss her," Austin said as he rested his chin on top of my head. I pulled away and looked up at him.

"Of course you do," I said to him. "You always will, Austin. But what's different now is that I'm here for you when you miss her."

Austin smiled and bent down, lifting me in the air and wrapping my legs around him. I giggled as he kissed my lips repeatedly.

"You're so amazing," He smiled at me, pecking my lips one last time. "I'm glad I have you back."

"I'm glad, too."

Liked by itzrandyyy, harker

Liked by itzrandyyy, harker.pummel, and 1,668,902 others
postmalone just thinking about @ol1v1a.mcne1l
itzrandyyy AW HELL THIS IS CUTE
ol1v1a.mcne1l My heart!!! 💛💛💛
username1 WOW I LOVE YALL
izzytoobizzy me thinking about @chickfila
ol1v1a.mcne1l @izzytoobizzy Same.
2 hours ago

Hold On by Alabama Shakes played through the bluetooth speaker as Austin and I shuffled around the kitchen, trying to make the most of our night with what we have.

I opened the freezer and grabbed the gallon of cookies and cream ice cream we had and a spoon. I sat the container on the counter and opened it. Austin walked up behind me as I got a bite on my spoon and stole it from he.

"Hey!" I yelled at him with a laugh. He turned me around and placed a kiss on my forehead.

"Sorry, baby," He smiled at me. "You'll live."

"Whatever," I rolled my eyes and ate my ice cream, making sure Austin didn't get anymore.

Austin walked over to where his phone was on the bar and changed the song, Billy Joel coming on shuffle.

"Okay, we have to dance to this," Austin shrugged, holding his hand out to me.

"Yes," I smiled, mouth full of ice cream, and took his hand. He pulled me towards him and began swaying me.

"She's got a smile that heals me. I don't know why it is, but I have to laugh when she reveals me," Austin sang quietly, looking into my eyes. "She's got a way of talking. I don't know what it is but it lifts me up when we are walking anywhere."

I laid my head on his chest as we swayed slowly to the song.

"I love you," I said quietly. He didn't hear me but it didn't matter. He knew. I knew. Everyone knew.

When the song was over, he leaned down to kiss me and I smiled at him, accepting the kiss graciously. He picked me up and sat me on the counter.

"Olivia," He said to me.

"Austin," I said, encouraging him to go on.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" He asked me and I laughed loudly at him.

"Yes, I will be your girlfriend," I nodded to him with a huge smile plastered on my face. "Again."

"Woooo!!" He yelled, running around the kitchen. I shook my head and laughed, watching him be an idiot.

"It's three in the morning," I stopped him. "We need to go to bed."

"Are you tired?" He questioned and I shook my head.

"Not really," I shrugged.

"Then who says?" He threw his hands up. "Do we have anywhere to be tomorrow?"

I smiled and hopped off the counter, hugging him. I felt so much love tonight and I'm sure that had a lot to do with seeing how much Randy and Taylor love each other.

"You're really cute tonight," He told me. "Every night really, but tonight.. You're you. We're us again."

"Yeah," I smiled. "We are."

"And you're my girlfriend again! I can't believe this shit!" He yelled.

"Oh my God!" I laughed. "Come on now."

"I'm excited," he said. "I missed you a lot, Liv."

"I know," I nodded. "I missed you, too."

a/n: this was an AWFUL chapter and i'm sorry 😭😭😭😭 idk where this book is going.