26 - (a)

picture // sheryl crow x kid rock

Two weeks since I had seen or heard from Olivia. Two more weeks of missing her. But gradually, it gets better, I guess. I know I have to move on eventually.

My days seemed to pass by as a routine. I'd wake up, go to the studio even when I didn't need to, meet Lily for lunch, come home, take Lily out to eat for dinner, come home from that, most likely have sex with her, and go to bed just to wake up the next morning and do it all over again.

There were no adventures. No nights where we'd stay in and cook and slow dance in the kitchen. No mornings where we would wake up early just to watch the sunrise on the beach. No times after dinner where she'd want to go get a one dollar ice cream cone from McDonald's just because she had too much change in her purse.

Lily isn't Olivia and I'm going to have to get over that. What we had was once in a lifetime.

I sat on the couch in the living room as I heard the alarm system chime signaling someone had opened the door. Lily stepped in, holding six or seven shopping bags. I just rolled my eyes.

"Hi, babe," she smiled, taking her Ray Bans off and putting them on top of her head. "How was your day?"

"It was fine," I said. "How was yours?"

"Pretty good," she smiled. "Let me go sit these bags in our room and we can go get some dinner."

"Actually, I was thinking about cooking here tonight," I told her and she looked at me in shock.

"Well, I really wanted a steak," she gritted her teeth and smiled at me.

"I know how to grill steaks," I nodded. "We can go to the store really quick."

"But uh, there's a steakhouse downtown that I've been dying to try," She looked at me with her fake puppy dog eyes. "Please."

"Fine, whatever. I'll go get changed."

Liked by itzrandyyy, q

Liked by itzrandyyy, q.murray75, and 4,908 others
ol1v1a.mcne1l The girls are officially done with sophomore year so we're gonna go get drunk on the beach like true college students.
harker.pummel HELL YES.
q.murray75 My girls!
itzrandyyy my ass looks GOOD in this. send it to me.
taylor_barns Send it to me too 😛
izzytoobizzy MY HAIR IS PULLED UP AND NO ONE ELSES IS. FML. REDO.
ol1v1a.mcne1l @izzytoobizzy It took ALL of the boys to get a half decent one so no. 😋😂
1 hour ago

After dinner, Lily and I came back home. I unlocked the door while carrying both of our to-go boxes in one hand. When we got in, I walked to the kitchen to sit the boxes down and then to the living room, grabbing my guitar.

"So, I think we should write a song together," Lily said, sitting down next to me. "And release it."

"Lily, I don't get to just release songs whenever. My whole team has to tell me it's okay," I told her. "Maybe next album."