31 - (o)

then she appeared // xtc

"Richard Gere in Pretty Woman, Paul Rudd in Clueless, and Heath Ledger in Ten Things I Hate About You," Randy said as we laid in her bed. Even though we live together, we decided to have a 'sleepover.'

"There's no way you're actually making me pick between those three," I said to her as I poured M&Ms in my mouth.

"You have to," She shrugged.

"Ugh, fine. But you know I love them all," I groaned. "Kill Paul Rudd, marry Heath Ledger, and fuck Richard Gere."

"You would kill Paul Rudd? That's a sin," Randy said to me and I chuckled.

"You cannot expect me to choose him over either of the other two," I said. "I love him but come on."

"Paul Rudd is my absolute favorite so I am deeply offended," She said, eating her gummy worms. My phone started ringing and I looked down, seeing it was Quinten.

"Hello?" I answered, putting him on speakerphone.

"Hey," Quinten said. "Can I come over? I need to talk to you."

"Randy and I are kinda having a girl's night," I replied.

"Please, Olivia. It's important," he sighed. I looked at Randy and she nodded in approval.

"Yeah, sure. That's fine," I told him. "See you soon."

And he was here, sooner than I thought. I walked downstairs after he rang the doorbell. I didn't really care that I was in pajamas. It's Quinten, anyways. I opened the door and hugged him.

"Hi," I smiled, kissing him. He kissed me back and then we walked in, sitting on the couch. "So what's up?"

"I'm flying home tomorrow for my sister's graduation," He told me. This wasn't anything new. He had invited me but I thought it was too soon to show up at a family function like that.

"I know," I smiled. "I'll miss you but you'll have fun."

"Well, I uh- I'm not gonna come back to California," He told me and my heart dropped. "Say something. Please."

"Why not?" I asked him. "If this is about me staying with Austin the other night, then I am sorry Quinten, but we didn't do anything. I would never hurt you."

"It's not about that, love, trust me," he grabbed my hand. "Abby and I's plan was for her to move out here after graduation so we could make music together. But now, she's changed her mind and is going to college."

"Why? That's an amazing opportunity!" I said to him. I did not want him to go.

"Our mom influences her very easily. Abby is the baby and Missouri is a long way from California," He shook his head. "I guess she doesn't want all three of her kids to be gone."

"Where's your brother?" I asked.

"Reece is playing football for Auburn University so he is living in Alabama right now," he told me. "Abby is my best friend. And if she isn't coming to me, I need to go to her."

"Well, maybe once you get home, you can convince her to come out here," I suggested. I did not want him to go. "You're my best friend, Quinten."

"I don't know," he shook his head. "L.A. has been amazing. I mean, it gave me you. But it's just not home."

"I understand," I nodded, tears rolling down my cheeks.

"It's okay, Olivia," Quinten smiled sadly at me. "It's up to us not to lose this."

I laughed at the quote from Eleanor and Park, and wiped my tears.

"Quinten, how can we not when you're in Missouri and I'm in California?" I asked him in a sniffle.

"Then this is goodbye. Just tonight. Not ever," he smiled, continuously quoting our favorite book. He made me smile and that's all I could ask for right now.

"You're right," I nodded. "I will be sure to send you a postcard."

"Just three words long," we said simultaneously. I smiled and got up to hug him.

"I will never forget you, Olivia," he whispered as he squeezed me. "You're the most amazing person to ever come into my life."

"Stop making this harder on me," I sniffled, burying my face into his shoulder.

"I love you," He said and I was shocked. The first time he ever said that and he's leaving. I lifted my head up and looked at him. He was crying too. "That was selfish."

"You're allowed to be selfish," I nodded, wiping my cheeks.

"It's late," He said. "I need to go. My flight is at 6:15 in the morning."

"Yeah," I nodded, climbing off of him. As soon as he stood up, though, I wrapped my arms around him again. "Bye, Quinten."

He smiled at me and walked towards the door. I followed him out and watched him turn around as he stepped out.

"Olivia," He smiled at me. I knew he was about to quote Eleanor and Park again. He had a way of knowing what to say to make me feel something. "You look like a protagonist. You look like the person who wins in the end."

Liked by q

Liked by q.murray75, itzrandyyy, and 2,709 others
ol1v1a.mcne1l "The world turned itself into a better place around him." On to new adventures, Q. And trust me, you will find them.
q.murray75 You're an angel. I'm going to miss you so much. Stay in touch with E & P.
ol1v1a.mcne1l @q.murray75 We'll never lose touch as long as I'm living.
harker.pummel :( My boyfriend.
taylor_barns @harker.pummel :( No my boyfriend
q.murray75 @taylor_barns @harker.pummel :(
47 minutes ago

I didn't know what to do now that Quinten was gone. He became such a big part of my life and I wasn't quite ready for it to get taken away.

But I know he will find someone amazing.

Someone worth loving with his entire being.

Someone beautiful and smart.

Someone that will make him feel the way Park feels about Eleanor.

Someone that isn't still in love with their ex-boyfriend.