13 - (o)

hard rain // lykke li

I woke up the next morning with my head pounding. Taylor had thrown a party at our house and I got way too drunk. I felt disgusting. I groaned as I sat up in bed, having no motivation to do so.

I looked over to my bedside table where my phone was plugged into my charger and there were aspirin laid out with a note that said:

Parker is a good friend.

I laughed as I picked the pills up and threw them in mouth, picking up the water bottle I kept by my bed and taking a sip. I grabbed my phone to check my notifications.

My heart dropped as I seen I had a missed call and voicemail from Austin at eleven last night. I was way too drunk to even hear my phone ring. I slid the notification over and listened to the voicemail.

"Heyyyy, Lily," He slurred. My heart broke into pieces. "I was just-uh, calling you to like talk to you or whatever. I'm really drunk and sad dude. So like yeah, call me back. Bye."

I immediately started crying, bringing the phone down slowly from my ear. I felt numb. I wasn't the one that he called when he was drunk anymore. It was Lily.

I decided to go look at her Instagram. I had no idea who she was and why she was all of a sudden better than me. I wasn't the type of girl to degrade other women but I didn't understand why Austin was choosing her over me.

Liked by postmalone, kyleberkley94, and 504 others liliesforlily ellie is the best personal photographer (& friend) anyone could ask for

liliesforlily ellie is the best personal photographer (& friend) anyone could ask for. 🍒 📷 : @elizabethcraney12
elizabethcraney12 YOU'RE THE BEST MODEL (& friend) IN THE ENTIRE WORLD LIL!!!!
username1 Are you dating austin or no???
username2 #TeamOlivia for fucking ever my dude !!!
23 hours ago

My heart shattered once again when I seen that Austin had liked it. And then yet another time when I realized how gorgeous she was. Just a regular girl. Like me. And I'm sure she was an amazing person because Austin would never go for someone less than that.

But I wasn't feeling amazing right now. I started bawling. I couldn't control it. I didn't even know if they were dating or not. But what I do know is that he meant to drunk call her last night.

But I know my name in his phone is 'Liv' which would explain why I got the call instead of Lily. I just didn't know what to do and how to take this. I guess I needed yet another night of being drunk. But first and unfortunately, I had classes today.

 But first and unfortunately, I had classes today