6 - (a)

beside you // 5sos

It had been exactly one week without Olivia. Things were different. I hadn't figured out if it was a good or bad different yet.

I sat on the edge of my bed in my hotel room, alone for the seventh night in a row. No one to hype me up before I left to get ready for my show. No one that I cared about anyways.

I decided I just need to call her. I needed to hear her voice. I tapped on the phone icon on my home screen, clicking on my recents and then pressing Olivia's name. The line rang for a while until I heard her voice.

"Hey, it's Olivia! Sorry I couldn't come to the phone. Leave your name and number and I'll get back to you, byeeee," A beep came after her voicemail. I shook my head.

"Hey, babe," I sighed. "Just wanted to call and talk for a second. I miss you. Like a lot. Just call me back when you get the chance. I love you."

I hung up the phone and immediately seen the picture of her and I that I had as my home screen. I sighed and tapped on my photos, scrolling through pictures of her I had taken.

God, was she beautiful.

Liked by ol1v1a

Liked by ol1v1a.mcne1l, liliesforlily, and 509,749 others
postmalone lord knows how badly i'm missing this view right now
ol1v1a.mcne1l I love you.
itzrandyyy i know u miss her but we're glad she's home, don't be selfish
harker.pummel ^^ Exactly!
51 minutes ago

"After we fuck in the morn' she wake up, she wearin' my clothes," I sang, looking out to the thousands of people here to see me. Me. It was crazy. "She always be callin' my phone, she always be stealin' my clothes, yeah."

I looked over to my right where the barricade for family & friends was. Where Olivia should be. My breath caught in my throat when I seen she wasn't there. This has happened every night since she flew home.

It's so crazy. What one person can do to you. The fact my music career practically blew up over night is insane. But what's even harder to fathom is how someone so ordinary could make my life anything but.

Loving Olivia was a job. But only because she is such a powerful woman, and I admire her so much for that. What girl would turn down their boyfriend's offer for them to take care of her? My girl, that's who. And that was one of the many things I loved about her.

She consumed my thoughts, even when I was on stage performing for this many people. All I could think about was how proud she'd be of me.

 All I could think about was how proud she'd be of me

Liked by postmalone, harker.pummel, and 2,007 others
ol1v1a.mcne1l Missing all the laughs with my boy. But it's okay because I know you're making tons of people laugh instead. I love you, yella' pants. 💛
postmalone hey, the pants are rad. i love you too, though.
itzrandyyy that is 1317% my crop top
harker.pummel Forever wishing I could rock a bolo tie.
42 minutes ago

I finally got back to my hotel three hours after the concert. The nights seemed to get longer and longer. I took my phone out of my sweatpants pocket and seen Olivia had texted me.

Liv: Didn't want to bother you but I just want to tell you I love you and I know you done amazing tonight. I'll be watching videos of the show on Instagram. They'll make me sad but.. worth it.  
Austin: you're never a bother baby. i love you, thank you so much. i feel so lonely without you here.
Liv: You're lonely?
Austin: yeah, it sucks.
Liv: Maybe I can fix that somehow. (New Picture Message)

I tapped on the notification at the top of my screen and opened the picture message.

"Holy fucking shit," I gulped as I stared at my phone

Olivia had never sent me any provocative pictures. Not that I ever needed them, we were always together. Damn, I'm a lucky man.

Austin: jesus, liv. i can't get to my room quick enough.

I sent the text as I kept walking. But I was way too distracted and ran into an employee of the hotel, knocking her onto the floor, the tray of food she was holding flying everywhere.

"I am so sorry, Mr. Post," she shook her head. "I should've been watching where I was going."

"Do not apologize," I squatted down next to her, picking up the food scattered around us and placing it on the now dirty tray. "It was completely my fault. I am so sorry."

"It's fine, I've got it," She said, taking the tray from me. "Again, I am so sorry."

"Please stop saying sorry," I laughed at her, taking out my wallet and handing her a $100 bill. "It makes me feel like an ass. It was absolutely my fault."

"No sir, I can't take that," She refused the money. I felt bad for her. I shouldn't have been so distracted. Dammit, Liv! Even miles away, you make me crazy.

I stuck the bill in the pocket of her uniform, smiling at her.

"You just did," I said to her and she blushed. I hope she didn't think I was flirting.

"Thank you, Mr. Post," She looked at me. She looked around my age, or maybe Olivia's age.

"Austin," I told her and then looked at her name tag. "Nice to meet you, Lily."

I nodded my head at her and continued walking towards my room, looking at the picture Liv had sent me again.

Hopefully there were no more employees walking around because I could not take my eyes off of her no matter how hard I tried.

a/n: the reason i'm updating so slowly (and badly) is because no one is really reading this book so i'm kinda just dragging along. oh well.

but i started a new book bc i'm out of control. it's called —
"texting post malone"
check it out!!