10 - (a)

otherside // post malone 

It had been ten days since I had seen or spoken to Olivia. I missed her. Like crazy. I couldn't help but wonder what she was doing, how she was feeling, how her classes were going. I couldn't stand not knowing what was happening in her life. So I had been texting Taylor.

Austin: how is she?
Taylor: She's good.
Austin: has she mentioned me?
Taylor: Probably twenty times a day.
Austin: that is relieving.
Taylor: Dude just call her. Get back with her, both of you are coming to me and asking how the other one is.
Austin: she doesn't want me right now.
Taylor: But you two obviously can't stay away from each other.
Austin: i know. but i'm gonna try to give her space. thanks man.
Taylor: Anytime, brother.

Liked by liliesforlily, taylor_barns and 608,802 others postmalone don't even know what i'm chasing no more 📷 by @adamdegrossliliesforlily hi from the girl you ran into at the hotel in florida 😂username1 MAN I JUST WANNA GO FLEXusername2 wow i l...

postmalone don't even know what i'm chasing no more 📷 by @adamdegross
liliesforlily hi from the girl you ran into at the hotel in florida 😂
username1 MAN I JUST WANNA GO FLEX
username2 wow i love my dAd.
cameronhornsby 🤪😍
46 minutes ago

I scrolled through my Instagram comments, something I never do. It was refreshing to see the support even though there were the usual hate comments.

I stopped scrolling when I seen a comment from a girl named Lily. Oh! The girl I spilled food all over at the hotel. I clicked on her name and looked through her profile.

She seemed like a normal, kind girl. And I felt really bad about what happened. So I clicked the follow button. I didn't think anything of it but within seconds, comments flooded in about her being the 'new girl' which wasn't true at all.

Olivia was my girl whether she thought so or not. And just because I follow a female means nothing. I really hoped this didn't cause any problems between Olivia and I. But even though Olivia is insecure, she isn't that insecure.

Soon, I got a new Instagram DM among the other hundreds. I was hoping it was Olivia replying to a story I posted or sending me a meme like she always does. But it wasn't. It was Lily.

liliesforlily: thank you for the follow!! hope all is well with you!
postmalone: no problem! i still feel really bad about the hotel incident.
liliesforlily: oh don't worry about that. worse has happened.
postmalone: really? i thought that was pretty shitty lol.
liliesforlily: it was but i've had food purposely thrown on me. i'm conditioned for it.
postmalone: wow that's some shit
liliesforlily: you're telling me. anyways, i don't want to bother you any more. have a great night!
postmalone: you too :)

 have a great night!postmalone: you too :)

Liked by postmalone, ol1v1a.mcne1l and 304 others
harker.pummel This was gonna be a good picture but @itzrandyyy doesn't know how to focus an iPhone camera.
itzrandyyy bitch i swear to god just post another one i took that wasn't blurry you fucking fuck
ol1v1a.mcne1l @itzrandyyy I looked disgusting in all of the other ones. Learn 👏🏻 my 👏🏻 angles. 👏🏻
harker.pummel @itzrandyyy Rude. Hate you.
taylor_barns It wouldn't have been blurry if I would've taken it. 🤷🏼‍♂️
itzrandyyy @taylor_barns do u want ur dead body to be on snapped or what?
32 minutes ago

I know Parker and Olivia are best friends. And I know he has a girlfriend. But I didn't like the way he was holding her in that picture. She looked so happy to be so close to him. Great, now I was the insecure one.

But Parker could treat Olivia so much better. And I know he knows that, too. I think that's why I worry so much. He would be so much better for her. Everyone can see it.

I huffed and laid down on my hotel room bed. I couldn't wait for this tour to be over with so I could be back with Olivia. I started thinking. Was it even worth it? Was all of this even worth losing the best thing that's ever happened to me?

I had to remember that Olivia made it clear that it was a break. Not a breakup. That I couldn't handle.

I decided I needed to get my emotions out somehow. And the only way I knew how to do that was to write.

I got up grabbed a pen and paper and my guitar, sitting in the chair next to the desk. I tuned my guitar and started thinking about lyrics. Lyrics that meant something. Not the money, cars, girls, drugs bullshit.

I've been waiting wide awake for the waves to come and take, take me right to you.

Once I started, the words flowed out of me like they were nothing.

One hundred bottles of the good shit couldn't even bring you back, what am I to do?
Feel like I'm circlin' a drain, all I see is the remains of an ugly truth.
One hundred models I could follow all the way to hell and back but they can't replace you.

For the first time in forever, I started crying. I don't cry. But I also said I'd never fall in love. For Olivia, I'd do anything. I miss her so much. I miss her laugh, the way she ran her fingers through my hair, how her eyes sparkled under city lights, how proud she looked from the side of the stage.

I couldn't do life without her and that was the simple fact of the matter. She's my world. My entire universe. And she wasn't here.

Fuck. I need to get drunk.

a/n: how sweet is austin oMfG. he loves olivia fUuUuuUuuuck.