17 - (o)

all i want // kodaline

It had been a week since the party. Quinten and I were friends. And friends only. But it felt different. Like a different way to try to get over Austin. Not through anger or out of spite. Just by meeting someone that took my mind off of things for a while in a way that didn't include me getting undressed.

And that made me feel more guilty than anything.

I know I shouldn't be up here. This is Austin's place and he isn't a part of me anymore. But honestly, that isn't true. I think he will always be a part of me no matter how far we stray from each other.

"Mrs. Post, I've never read the books you wrote," I said out into the universe. I hoped she was listening. In a way, I felt bad for calling her Mrs. Post because she hated her husband so much and feared for her life. "But I can certainly agree that I feel like a flame in the winter. And not in a good way where everyone wants to huddle around you to capture some warmth from you. In a way where I just feel like I don't belong."

I sighed and then stared out at the city. Los Angeles. So many opportunities, so many people to love, yet I got the honor of loving someone that has broken my heart more than what it can handle. This time though, the worst.

I figured I'd be up here for a while so I pulled my crossbody purse over me and threw it to the side. The buckle came undone in the front, my phone, gum, wallet, and a few pens rolling out. I huffed and began picking them up, stopping when I held the Sharpie in my hand.

I opened the lid and began writing on the cement beside me:

I you, A.P.

I hoped Austin wouldn't get mad but I really didn't care if he did. He gave me a keycard to come up here and so I do. He doesn't use it anymore anyways. Now that his life is seemingly too good for anyone.

Liked by q

Liked by q.murray75, itzrandyyy, and 2,073 others
ol1v1a.mcne1l He might not look like he likes me, but he does. #JustCaughtOffGuard #QUINTENTAKEAPICWITHME #WeLoveNewFriends #AndNewMusic
q.murray75 I'm your ex-friend now because you used that many hashtags.
username1 CUTE LOVE THIS
ol1v1a.mcne1l @q.murray75 Please forgive me, brother.
itzrandyyy y'all are both nerds wtf
username2 where's austin? ;(
43 minutes ago

"Favorite 80s movie," Quinten said, grabbing some fries from the pile on his plate as we sat in the diner on campus.

"It's changed a lot over time," I nodded, also eating some fries. "Today, I'll have to go with Dirty Dancing."

"Really? Dirty Dancing? That's what you're going with?" He laughed with a mouth full of food. "You, my friend, are a cliché."

"What! That's an awesome movie!" I gasped. "You obviously have never seen it."