40.

My family was all gathered at the high school football field in my hometown. The same football field where I'd been brought as a child to watch my brothers play. The very same football field where I'd had my first kiss. It was full of memories and this was indeed another to add to the list.

All my brothers were bonding with Rob's. The whole family was together and it made me so happy. Rob's little plan had went without a hitch and everyone was thrilled to be together to celebrate our girl's birthday. The pictures had all turned out fabulous I'm sure because we were all having a great time.

Aubrey had cake frosting all over her from head to toe. She'd made out like a bandit. Rob had loaded all the gift into our rental car. We had already arranged to have the things shipped back to our place. We were picking up our mess when Rob called everyone to attention.

"Excuse me everyone! I know we're winding down, but Riley and I want to thank everyone for coming together today. We also wanted to share some news with you." Rob helped me up on the picnic table he was standing on.

"Is everything okay?" Rob's mom looked worried. "You've been getting around kinda slow."

"Well I'll be having a back surgery at the end of this month. It's putting me out for this season. I'm really not too worried about that though," Rob glanced at me smiling.

"Even though I'm stressed out about this surgery, I'm happy to get more time with my husband at home. He's excited too because that means more time with the family." I nodded at him.

"The family that will be growing by not just one, but TWO! Riley's pregnant, with twins!" Rob shouted to the sky.

My family and his enclosed around us. We got off the table and passed out hugs. Everyone was as shocked as we were.

"Twins!" Monica hugged me and patted my stomach.

"Yeah the doctor checked several different angles. There's definitely two heartbeats in there." I said chuckling nervously.

"That is going to be such a handful!" Monica laughed.

Ash joined us and gave Rob a fist bump. "At this rate you'll have you're own offensive line."

Rob's brothers all laughed at that. After all the celebrating we finished packing up and headed back to my mom's. She was letting us stay with her tonight since we had an early flight.

Flying with a one year old was ridiculous, but flying with a one year old and having morning sickness was certifiable. Rob was rubbing my back as he bounced Aubrey on his knee.

"Only a few more hours babe. Then you can lay down in our bed." He said softly.

"Bed!" Aubrey clapped her hands.

I smiled at her sporadically toothy grin. "Yeah baby girl, bed!"

Her first word was Daddy of course. You carry the kid nine months and spend every second with her, and she says daddy first. Not that I'm bitter or anything. She'd only repeated minimal cuss words thank god, and Rob was getting a lot better about not cursing at home. It seems that the world frowns on cussing babies.

My thoughts wandered the rest of our flight home. After the flight, we drove to the house and Rob laid Aubrey down in bed with me while he brought in the luggage. Once he was done he joined us. He snuggled close to me so I could steal his body heat, and Aubrey drifted off to sleep.

"I'm really worried about this surgery Ry. This could be the one that ends my career." He said softly as to not wake Aubrey who was asleep on the other side of me.

"It'll be okay." I gave him a small pat on the arm. "Everything happens for a reason."

He sighed. "You're right I guess but I'm still kinda worried."

"Babe, you've overcome so much in your career. This is just one more thing. It's going to be okay." I said.

"I heard them talking trade offers with the Lions." He said suddenly. "I don't know if it was about me or someone else, but I definitely heard them tossing it around. And why wouldn't it be me? I'm practically a liability at this point."

"Rob, you're one of the most productive tight ends in the NFL right now. You'll be amazing no matter what team you're on." I reassured him.

"Yeah, but our life's here." He out his hand on my stomach and glanced at Aubrey.

"They won't start school for a long time. We can move a hundred times before then." I shrugged. "Home for me is wherever we are."

"My brother wants to open a gym here." Rob said. "I wanna be a big part of that, and my family's all close here. Ash and Monica are here, and me and Ash have that charity here. I don't know, but if it comes to getting traded or retiring then I guess I might just be done."

I nodded knowing nothing I do or say will change his mind. I'd love him no matter what he decided. He had turned my life around for the better. He was the best daddy (in and outta the bedroom😏), and an amazing husband. Rob made me laugh all the time and just being around him made me feel whole. Football player or not, Rob Gronkowski was quite a catch.

So this is the end of this story.. I might do an Epilogue but I feel like it's run it's course. I want to leave it with Rob and Riley happy and growing a big family. Thank you for the unexpected love on this one guys lol! I'll be focusing my time on some of the stories in my drafts but I'll definitely write some more fan fiction soon💋 Xx