8

I woke up in Rob's bed alone and still had my clothes on. This was a first. I rolled to the edge of the bed and sat up seeing a note taped to the bathroom door. I made my way over and smiled to myself when I read it.

Ry,
Had early practice and didn't want to wake you. Your car is out front, and your friend is on the couch since Jimmy dropped her off on his way. I'll call you later.

Rob Xx

He was pretty adorable. I shook my head to clear my thoughts and slipped into the bathroom to steal a fast shower. Once I was out I pulled my clothes back on and trudged down the staircase to see my best friend still asleep on the couch.

"Mon, wake up." I shook her gently.

Her eyes popped open and she looked lost. "Where the hell am I?"

"We're at Rob's house." I bit my lip.

Reality must have hit her because she sat up fast then clutched her head. "Oh, how much did I drink last night? Wait! Did I leave with the back up quarterback or was that a dream?"

My best friend ladies and gentlemen. "Not a dream."

She shook her head looking up at the ceiling. "Rob's house is a lot cleaner than I'd have imagined."

"That's really random but yeah I agree. He probably has a house keeper or something." I said looking around.

"Did you guys do it again?" She wiggles her eyebrows at me.

"Actually, no." I chuckled remembering how our night ended. "His mom was here when we go back. She's very sweet but it was, in Rob's words, a mood killer."

Monica busted out laughing and then clutched her head. "You think we can get outta here and get some ibuprofen on the way to your place?"

"Sure, Rob had someone drop off my car."

"How did he pull that off?"

I shrugged. "Who knows."

We left Rob's place and headed to mine. I got Monica her ibuprofen and she spilled the dirty details of her night with Jimmy. When we got to my place she took a shower and then we finished unpacking my last few boxes.

"You officially live here now!" Mon hugged me.

"It still doesn't feel real." I sighed. "The whole week feels fake to me still."

"Yeah sex with your favorite Patriot will do that to ya." She teased. "Seriously though, he's totally into you Ry."

"You think so?" I asked.

"I saw the way he looked at you, and the way the guys teased him when you showed up." She smirked. "He definitely likes you."

I smiled to myself. "He's a famous football player though. What's he want with a girl like me?"

"Oh? A gorgeous girl that's actually a fan of what he does? Someone to tell him he's amazing and hot? Who could possibly know what he wants from a girl like you." She rolled her eyes.

After that we ordered some Chinese food and had it delivered. It was a perfect girls day. Mon painted my nails for me. Then I did hers while we watched some trash tv. I finally got to see the awful video of me dancing with Gronk on E News. It was horrific.

"Your phones ringing!" Monica yelled from the kitchen.

I got up and hurried to answer it. "Hello?"

"You and your friend Monica, against me and Jimmy. Paintball at the address I text you in one hour." Rob's voice held a smile making me do the same.

"You're going down." I said making him laugh.

"That's your job." Then he hung up.

"What are we doing?" Monica asked.

"Rob said paintball." I laughed. "Jimmy will be there."

"Then I'm in." She winked. "Better wear two pairs of pants. Paintballs hurt like hell."

"I grew up with all brothers. One time I got shot in the leg with a B.B. gun. I have a scar and everything! I think I'll be fine." I laughed heading to my room to get some jeans.

Monica had on two pairs of pants and a thick shirt when she met me by the door. I was wearing just a tshirt and jeans. She gave me a look and rolled her eyes.

"What Mon?"

"How do you look so good in just a tshirt and jeans?" She groaned.

I shook my head and smiled. "Thanks but you look good to. Come on Rob just texted me the address."

We drove to an old building on the outskirts of town with a sign that advertised a paint balling course. I parked next to Rob, who was standing next to Jimmy's huge truck, and climbed out. Monica hurried to where Jimmy was leaning against the building and I shook my head. That girl is smitten.

"Hey hey pretty lady." Rob slid his large arm around my waist. "You ready to lose?"

I rolled my eyes. "No way."

"Loser buys drinks." He said squeezing my hip. "So either way I win."

"Drunk or not, I'm going home alone tonight." I said only because I was being competitive. We both knew if I got drunk he'd be in my bed tonight. Hell maybe even if I didn't get drunk he'd end up in my bed.

"We'll see about that Tiny Dancer. Looks like Jimmy and Monica are getting pretty friendly. I might need a ride home." He grabbed my hand and drug me toward the other two. "You guys ready to start this show."

Jimmy detached himself from my best friend and smiled sheepishly. "Yeah let's do this."

The paintballs did hurt like a bitch! Jimmy shot me twice and I was going to have a bruise. Monica was red and blue all over. We looked ridiculous. Rob was slightly green but Jimmy didn't have any paint on him at all. It was safe to say that we'd lost. The boys agreed to buy drinks though.

"Monica can ride with me if you guys wanna just meet there?" Jimmy gave Rob a look.

"Nah I'm tired man. Rain check on the bar. Ry can just take me home and I'll see ya at practice tomorrow." Rob said without missing a beat.

"Will you be mad?" Monica asked me.

"Of course not." I smiled. "Have a good time."

"Oh I will." She laughed as Jimmy hoisted her up into his giant truck.

"So will you." Rob whispered for only me to hear making tingles run down my body all the way to my toes.

"Let's go to my place. There's no chance of interruptions there." I teased beeping my car unlocked.

This was going to be an interesting night.