28

Drew headed home the following evening and I, of course, cried. I blamed it on baby hormones, but I might have really been that sad to see him go. Ash and Monica both agreed to go to the game Sunday. I was very excited and so was Rob.

Our baby girl was starting to really kick and be active. She was also making me very nauseous today. I had puked twice when Rob got home from practice.

"I was thinking we could go out with Danny and his girlfriend Olivia tonight?" Rob suggested as I stood at the sink brushing my teeth.

"Okay." I nodded.

"If you don't feel up to it I can tell them no." He assured me.

"No, really I wanna go. I don't want you to feel like I'm holding you back from your friends."

Rob rolled his gorgeous eyes putting butterflies in my stomach with out baby. "You're definitely not holding me back."

"I still wanna go." I laughed. "I like Danny."

Rob seemed to maul it over. "Alright then we'll go."

Rob called Danny and I hunted for something to wear. We'd bought maternity clothes, but's none seemed to fit quite right. Some were too tight and others were too big still. After about the third try I found a dress that fit just loose enough that it didn't look baggy or too constricting.

"I love your hair down like this." Rob said playing with my curls as I finish my mascara.

"Thank you." I turned and kissed his cheek leaving a red lip print behind.

"Looks like red is my color." He laughed.

I grabbed a makeup wipe and helped him get it off. Crazy as it was, something so simple like that, gave me butterflies too. Which of course made the baby go crazy again.

I grabbed Rob's hand and held it against my stomach. The baby kicked against his hand and Rob grinned. His face said it all.

"That's crazy! What does it feel like?" He asked.

"Like I'm being kicked from the inside." I said making him laugh.

"Does it hurt?"

I shook my head. "No not really, but the doctor says she'll get stronger."

"Wow this is amazing."

I nodded in agreement and let go of his hand. "Should we leave now?"

"Yeah let's go."

Dinner with any of Rob's teammates was always exciting. Their girlfriends were elegant and from cool places. It made me feel uncomfortable at first but honestly now it's fun. I know Rob loves me. It's no longer like a contest in my head.

"Olivia speaks French." Danny said as he took a drink of his beer.

"The only French I know comes outta the song Lady Marmalade." I joked.

"That's my favorite kind of French." Rob smacked the table making everyone laugh.

Olivia was nice and absolutely gorgeous. She was smart and funny. She even laughed at my jokes which was a pleasant to my surprise. The dinner was amazing and I could happily say I liked another one of the boys other halves.

"We should do this more often!" Olivia said as we walked out.

"Definitely." I agreed.

"Maybe we could go get drinks after the game?" She asked.

"Oh, I um," I glanced at Rob.

"Olivia, Riley's like seventeen weeks pregnant." Danny laughed.

"Oh my god! I'm so sorry. I had no idea." Olivia's eyes dropped to my midsection. "You can't even tell."

"It's the dress." I laughed. "Believe me you can totally tell."

"I felt the baby kick today, and it was the coolest thing I've ever experienced." Rob said more to Danny than Olivia.

"You can feel it on the outside?" Danny made a face at me. "Does it hurt?"

Olivia laughed.

"No it doesn't hurt." I laughed.

"So boy? Girl?" Olivia asked.

"Girl!" I said happily.

"Awe! Do you have a name yet?" Danny asked.

"Not yet." I shook my head.

"How about Nova?" Danny shrugged.

"Nova?" I snorted. "As in Super Nova?"

"I kinda like it." Olivia laughed.

"No thanks, you guys can have that one." Rob said putting his arm around me.

"Well maybe instead of drinks we can hang out another time?" Olivia asked me.

"Absolutely."

After the ride home Rob and I were laying on the couch. He had me wrapped in his arms and was rubbing my stomach lightly. I was actually almost asleep when my cellphone rang.

"Rob hand me my phone." I mumbled.

"Here ya go."

It was an unknown caller. I sighed and answered anyway remembering what my brothers had told me. This was probably not going to be a good call.

"Hello?" I said sitting up.

"Riley?" A mans voice asked.

"That depends, who's calling?" I said.

"It's your dad kiddo!"

I hung up. I'd known this was coming but I guess I just hoped it wouldn't. Maybe it was the hormones, but I started to cry.

"Babe what is it? Who was on the phone?" Rob rubbed my shoulders.

"My dad." I said through tears.

"Oh Ash said this might happen." Rob sighed. "It's okay Riley. Nothing bad is ever going to happen to you. Not as long as I'm around, okay?"

I nodded still crying. "He's a horrible man."

"It's okay. Ash told me what happened." Rob was rocking me back and forth. "Shh,"

"Let's talk about something else?" I asked.

"Let's talk about baby names?" Rob suggested. "I'm out on Nova, but I made a list of ones I do like."

I sniffed. "What are they?"

"I like Nadia, or maybe Parker." He said. "Taylor, Aubrey, Allison."

"I like Aubrey." I said. "Actually I love it."

"Aubrey!" He clapped. "Aubrey what?"

"Aubrey FlagOnThePlay Gronkowski obviously." I laughed.

Rob laughed as well. "There's plenty of time to pick a middle name. Are you okay?"

I nodded. "Yeah."

"I'll get your number changed first thing tomorrow." He assured me.

"I actually love that idea." I sighed. "I'm ready for bed."

"Well then let's go." He stood up and held out his hand.

I laughed and held my arms up joking. "Carry me!"

Instead of laughing or walking away like any sane man would, Rob sighed and leaned down. He cradled me like a child and hoisted me up. I squealed and threw my arms around his neck.

"You're gonna be such a good daddy." I said laying my head against his chest.

"Mm, hearing it out of your mouth makes it sound so dirty." He chuckled as he climbed the steps.

"No that's just your mind making it dirty." I yawned. "I love you."

"I love you too."