24

The next few weeks were busy. Rob was constantly practicing and playing football. When he was home he was attentive to my every move. I started my new job. It was simple as promised but kept me busy when I was alone.

Monica got hired at a local activity center teaching art to under privileged kids. It was practically a dream for her. She loved it and I could tell it made her happy, and as long as my best friend was happy So was I!

All in all everything was going great. Tonight was Friday night and since Sunday was a home game Rob was free. We'd made reservations at a fancy restaurant across town to have dinner. I was planning to wear a sexy red dress that had been stuffed in the back of my closet a very long time.

"Rob can you zip the back?" I asked wandering into the bathroom where he was pulling on some pants.

"You look sexy let's just skip dinner." Rob wiggled his eyebrows.

I rolled my eyes and spun around. "No way, I have my mind set on chicken parmesan."

Rob yanked the zipper a few times but it seemed stuck. I sucked it in actually kind of embarrassed. Rob pulled again but no luck.

"Honey, I think the dress is-"

I cut him off. "Don't you dare say too tight! I can't have gained that much weight yet! My brothers will be here next Tuesday."

"Are you crying?" Rob asked sounding like he was trying not to laugh.

"No." I lied.

"Babe, it's okay. The baby's growing and that's all there is to it. As far as your brothers go, you're gonna tell them anyway. It's going to be fine so calm down. Stress is bad for our little baby." Rob wound his arms around me and rubbed my belly.

"I think this is my first mental breakdown." I sighed wiping my tears away.

"That's a lie." Rob snorted. "You cried yesterday when I told you Tom's wife wanted to go shopping with you and Monica sometime soon, because you said it'd be embarrassing to buy fat clothes with them."

"Okay fine, I'm a mess." I threw my arms up. "Can we just stay home?"

Rob let me go and turned me to face him. "You're okay. The baby's just making you hormonal. I really think we should still go tonight."

"What am I going to wear?" I threw my arms up again being unreasonable.

"What about that black dress you wore to the banquet we went to?"

"It was skin tight before I even gained weight." I sighed.

"Just wear some jeans and a nice shirt." He shrugged. "Hell you can go in my jersey if you want."

I laughed. "Not helping, can we please just stay here and order pizza or something. I feel like I wanna cry again."

"Fiiiinnneee." He sighed heavily. "I have something for you though."

"What is it?" I cocked my head to the side.

"No way,I'm not telling you yet." He winked. "Go change and I'll order food. Just know it'd be cuter at a restaurant."

I rolled my eyes. "No Chinese food!"

"I swear I won't do that to you." He laughed swatting my ass as I turned to leave the room.

A few minutes later I was in the kitchen with him. We'd both changed into jeans and T-shirts. So much for a nice night out.

"I ordered chicken from that place you like downtown." Rob smiled. "Extra crispy."

"You're the man of my dreams Rob Gronkowski." I hugged him as he laughed at me.

"I'm about to be." He smiled as he held up a blue box. "You pretty much already said yes, but I wanted to make it officially official."

"Rob are you serious?" I felt giddy all over.

He nodded and knelt down on one knee. "I know you don't wanna get married with a baby bump but I want everyone to know you're mine. We're starting out family. I want you to know I love you. I'll always love you and do everything I can for our family. Riley, I want you at all my games yelling when you don't agree with calls. I wanna wake up next to you every morning. Riley I want you to make me the happiest man alive and agree to be my wife?"

He opened the box and it showed off a gorgeous ring. The light made it sparkle. If the ring was made of gum I'd have still said yes though.

"Of course I'll marry you Rob." I smiled nodding.

He slid the ring onto my finger. Then he stood up hugging me. Tears slid down my face again and I couldn't stop smiling.

"I'm sorry I'm so emotional. I love you so much Rob! You make me feel loved and safe. I can't imagine my life without you in it and I would never want to. My family is going to love you when they meet you. Our baby is going to be the luckiest kid ever to have you as a dad." I said as he rocked me in his arms.

"I can't wait to find out what we're having." Rob rubbed his hand over my stomach.

"We should do a reveal party!"

He chuckled. "We could do that."

"Really? You wouldn't be mad?" I asked.

"I told you I could care less what the tabloids say Ry. They're gonna find out eventually. I'd rather it be because we let them know than them making up a story though." He shrugged.

"So a party then?"

Rob smiled and nodded. "Tom's wife would probably love to help you plan it."

"We can do it after my brothers visit." I smiled.

"Sounds perfect to me." He kissed my forehead.