30

Rob wasn't allowed to practice the next few days so we went and got stuff for the baby room. We picked paint and got a crib. His mom had gotten us a gorgeous rustic rocking chair and we luckily for a crib the same style.

"I think we should do our honeymoon after we have the baby." Rob said swinging our hands between us as we walked back to the house after our trip.

"That would be preferable." I laughed.

"Did you find a wedding dress yet? I mean I know you went with Monica and said you didn't like anything, but my shopper guy would be glad to take you anywhere at all." He said.

"I seen one online the other day I liked actually." I said.

"I think I just want my brothers to be my best men." He said. "And I picked just a classy navy blue tux. I'm thinking red bow tie."

"Are you sure you won't be mad I'm fat in all the pictures?" I teased him as he led us to the kitchen.

He only rolled his eyes.

"Seriously though I want Monica as the maid of honor. Maybe Olivia, your brother Dan's girlfriend, and Tom's wife?" I said.

"You already pick dresses for that?"

I nodded. "Monica will be in red and the other three in blue, but they're the same style."

"Did you see our magazine cover?" He asked.

I shook my head. "No?"

"Apparently we're the current "it" couple of the NFL." He said grabbing the magazine off the table and sitting it in front of me on the counter.

The picture makes they'd used of us were actually adorable. One was totally candid of me looking so in love with him as he was bent down tying my shoe for me. Then a few from his Instagram that I also loved. I flipped to the article and skimmed. It wasn't anything bad really. They actually made our story sound utterly romantic.

"They even mentioned the baby." I pointed to the picture from Instagram that had Rob spiking the football.

"Yeah I seen the that." He smiled. "I thought it was a nice article though. Not the kind of publicity I'm used to."

I smiled and kissed his shoulder. "My tamed playboy."

He laughed loudly at that. "I don't know about tame."

"Oh yeah?" I laughed as he leaned down and nuzzled my neck.

"What would you do if I couldn't play in the Super Bowl game?" He asked randomly.

I cocked my head. "Are the doctors worried still?"

"No, not really, but what if maybe after this season I take some time off?" He asked.

"Rob you love football and I would never ask you to quit. If that's what you want though I won't stop you." I said honestly.

"I don't know Ry. This baby thing is making me reconsider everything I do. I wanna see her grow up." He smiled. "I wanna see everything."

"Football won't stop you from doing that. The offseason will be plenty of time to enjoy Aubrey while she's a baby, and it's not like you're never home. When she's older we'll come to every game. Look at Tom's family. It's gonna be fine." I tried to assure him.

"Yeah, you're right." He nodded. "I love you so much Riley."

"I love you too."

The next few days were crazy busy. Rob had me stay with Monica so the guys could come over and paint the baby's room. He didn't want me around the fumes at all. In the meantime I assured my brother with some stuff for his charity project.

Rob and I had our engagement photos done. They turned out fabulous. We didn't want to risk someone trying to make money by selling them to the tabloids though so we just put them on the internet for everyone to see anyway. We had nothing to hide.

After that Olivia joined Monica and I to go pick up my dress. Which, might I add, was perfect. Even my baby bump looked elegant. Everything was becoming very real as the big day approached.

"Doctors cleared me to play!" Rob thundered into the kitchen where I was baking brownies at nine in the morning.

"That's the best news!" I hugged him hard.

"I don't know if it's the best news." He laughed and laid his hand flat on my stomach. "You actually look very pregnant today."

"I know I feel like I finally popped." I looked down at my bump.

"The wedding is in less than two weeks." He smiled. "Nervous?"

I shook my head. "Excited to spend the rest of my life being your wife."

His smile turned into a goofy grin and he kissed me. It was a toe curling kiss that I wish could've lead to more. Sadly though, the doorbell rang.

"It's nine in the morning, who could be here?" I asked.

Rob shrugged and headed to the door. As he walked I admired the sway of his perfect ass. Pregnancy hormones are no joke! Once he opened it Monica burst in and rushed to the kitchen where I was. She was bawling.

"Mon, what is it?" I asked looking her over for injuries.

"Ash never came home last night." She said between sobs. "We argued and he never came back. I thought he needed time to think but he never came back."

"What did you fight about?" I asked.

Monica looked a mess. She was clearly worked up over all this. Plus, I needed to figure out where my brother was. She bit her lip and looked back at Rob. Then she sighed.

"I told him that I'm pregnant."

I squealed with joy. "I'm so excited for you!"

"He didn't share that enthusiasm." She said sadly. "That's why we argued. Then he got mad and left to get a drink. I figured come home and we'd talk it out but he never did."

I sighed. "Ash is stupid but he loves you. He'll do the right thing Mon, just give him some time."

"I'll go look for him." Rob said. "You can stay here with Ry and calm down."

Monica nodded and Rob grabbed a jacket. Once he was out the door we moved to the living room while the brownies baked. She talked and I listened. I let her air it all out and cry. Then when she was done I hugged her.

"So a baby?" I smiled. "Couldn't let me have my girl with no best friend?"

"She'd be awful lonely if I didn't have a baby too obviously." Her laugh made my heart swell.

"It's gonna be okay Mon." I said softly.

"I know." She nodded. "And I'm sorry for dumping this all on you with the wedding so close an-"

I cut her off. "Nonsense! That's what best friends are for."

Shortly later Rob drug Ash through the door. Ash was drunk and Rob looked grumpy. Monica drove Ash home to air out their drama after thanking Rob a million times. Once they were gone Rob joined me on the couch.

"You leave me any brownies?" He asked.

I nodded. "I'm pregnant but I restrained myself and left you a few."

"Thank god for that!" He hopped up to get some. "Your brother is scared to death about the baby thing. He kept asking me how I was so calm about it."

"What did you tell him?" I asked looking over the back of the couch at him.

"The truth, of course I was scared at first, but it's too late to freak out now. That I was excited to meet the little girl that's half you and half me. That I couldn't wait to hold her in my arms and see how small she was, and that I love you more than anything but I know the minute I see that baby girl she's going to have me wrapped around her finger." He said eating the whole time. "I told him I knew I was in love with you the night I walked you home from the bar. He said he'd loved Monica a long time too, and then he agreed to come with me."

"I'm so lucky to have you." I said with tears in my eyes. "Pregnancy is making me cry a lot but I swear I'm actually really happy right now."