21

With Rob gone I was insane with worry. What if he got hurt on the field? What if the plane crashed? What if he fell in love with the waitress wherever they eat at?

I know it sounds silly, but I can't help it. I'm a girl and it's what we do. Rob called me every time he had a free minute. If he wasn't calling then we were Snapchatting. He was the best boyfriend ever honestly.

Patriots won on the road. I'd seen tabloid covers with Rob dancing at a club with some blonde but it didn't look like anything. Just some celebrating with the boys. I trusted Rob. He was many things but I don't think a cheater was one of them.

The season opener was a signal of the soon to be struggle that I was often going to have. Rob would be busy with football games and practices, and I would be here without him. I was independent though and I would be fine. Even though I was constantly worried about him. Mostly I was just worried he would get injured on the field.

Monica had agreed to take over my apartment and stay here. She even had a job interview the day of my doctors appointment. While Rob was gone she helped me repack my things to move in with him. It wasn't a long process really it was hard to stay focused though. We had a lot of walks down memory lane. I'm so glad my best friend is here with me for this.

Rob would be home today and I was buzzing around with excitement. I'd been getting sick in the mornings and any time I smell Chinese food I throw up. Other than that I feel normal. Our ultrasound appointment was in a few day and I couldn't wait!

"Ry your phones ringing! It's your brother!" Monica yelled.

"Which one?" I yelled back.

"Andrew."

"He hates when you call him that." I laughed heading her way. "Go ahead and answer."

"Hey Andrew!" I swear that I heard him groan from here. "Yeah she's right here.... Oh yeah he's the coolest! I bet she'd like that."

I held my hand out. "Phone."

"Well I'll let you ask her?" Mon laughed handing me the phone.

"Hi Drew!" I said cheerfully.

"Rob Gronkowski, huh? And you didn't tell big brother Drew? I should disown your ass!" He laughed.

"Now Drew that's not fair!" I chuckled. "You haven't called."

"The phone works both ways sis." He sounded like he was rolling his eyes.

"I'm sorry." I sighed. "It just kinda happened."

"So it's true?"

I chuckled looking down and my belly that wasn't even close to showing yet. "Yeah we're actually thinking about moving in together."

"Monica gonna stay in the apartment?" Drew guessed.

"Yeah if that's okay." I nodded knowing damn well he couldn't see me. "I mean I figured you wouldn't care but if you do then we can figure something else out."

"That's fine." He chuckled. "So tell me about Gronk."

"Well, he's actually really amazing. He's way taller in person." I smiled thinking of my boyfriend.

"That's it Ry? He's taller in person?" He laughed. "Well I guess I'll get to know him better myself when I come see you next month."

I nearly choked. "Next month you're coming to see me?"

"Is that an issue?"

"No no, no!" I assured him. "I'm just surprised with work and all you have time to come see me."

"We both do actually. Me and Ash are very excited to meet the new man in your life." Drew's voice was taunting.

"Great I can't wait to see you both." I bit my lip. "Gotta run Drew. Monica says bye."

I hung up and spin to my best friend. "I have a serious issue."

"Yeah your crazy hot boyfriend will be home soon and you need a sexy outfit to celebrate his win in." She held up a bag. "Thank me later."

I rolled my eyes taking the bag. "Monica I'm being serious! Drew and Ash both are coming next month to see me."

"So? That's sweet."

"What if I'm showing?" I panicked. "What if they hate Rob?"

"How could they hate him and even if they did why would it matter?" She shrugged. "You love him and that's the only thing that matters. As far as showing goes you can wear a baggy top until you tell them."

"You're right." I took some breaths. "This is no big deal."

"Now," she smiled. "I'm gonna load the last of these boxes to take to Loverboy's house. You go take a look at what I bought."

I didn't know whether to be scared or not. Eyeing the black bag she'd given me I nodded and headed to the bathroom. Once I looked in the bag I groaned. I definitely should've been scared.

She bought me lingerie. It was sheer and black with a lot of straps. There was lace too. Oh god, this was too much.

"Monica!" I groaned loudly.

Her laughter could be heard down the hall. "Wear it before the baby makes you too big!"

I sighed knowing she was right. Once I got my baby belly I'd never be able to wear something like this. Honestly lingerie never seemed very appealing to me before. Thinking of Rob peeling the skimpy fabric off me had me thinking differently though.

The bra part was all black lace and it tied behind my neck. The rest was connected with crisscrossed red silky strings that went down my stomach to the sexy looking black lacy panties. Those had strips of silk that clipped to black lace stockings that cane up to mid thigh with red bows on the top. I fiddled with the material as I pulled it on. There was a lot of shimmying to get it all on and fastened.

Once it was on I stood in front of the mirror and took in my appearance. I looked sexy and it was definitely a confidence boost. I opened my Snapchat and sent a three second picture to Rob with the caption "Can't wait to see you". I pulled my jeans on over top and added a patriots hoodie.

"Are you wearing it or not?" Monica asked when I came into the hall.

"I am." I rolled my eyes. "If I hadn't known you my whole life this would've been a wildly inappropriate gift."

"Yeah but since you're practically my sister I knew you're sizes and I also have a matching one in blue so I know Rob will like it as much as Jimmy did." She wiggles her eyebrows. "Now just say thanks and move on momma bear."

I bust out laughing. "Thanks."

"Anytime." She smiled.

Inside my pocket my phone buzzed making me feel giddy knowing the picture I'd sent to Rob. I glanced and saw I had a snap from him. Monica was carrying the last box to the car so I went ahead and opened it.

The caption was a simple, "see ya soon and that better not be a joke." He looked like he was tired but I couldn't blame him there. I could also tell it looked like he was in his vehicle. That means he should be home very soon.

"Alright it's all loaded up. We can head over to the house and get some food on the way?" Monica suggested. "I'm starving."

I nodded all too fast. "Me too."