34

We were getting released from the hospital today. Our baby was happy and healthy, and I was finally able to walk without wanting to punch Rob for getting me pregnant in the first place.

That was the most pain I'd ever been in. Every time I looked at Aubrey though, it was well worth every second. She was the precious in every way.

Currently she was sleeping in her little car seat as I waited for Rob to pull the car around. I was starting to think he'd gotten lost on the way to the car. Instead of his car though he pulled up in a brand new Range Rover.

"When did you have time to get this? You've been here with me every second." I asked as he came around to help me load up Aubrey.

"I had one of the guys pick it up for me and drive my car back home." He shrugged. "Do you like it?"

I nodded. "Well yeah, but-"

"No buts, other than yours of course." He winked and squeezed my ass gently. "Let's go home."

The drive home was relaxing. Aubrey was asleep as soon as we started driving. Rob had his big hand on my knee and the other on the wheel. I was looking out the window just thinking about how happy I was.

"Everything alright over there?" Rob asked.

I nodded. "Just thinking about how blessed I am. I have a happy and healthy, beautiful baby girl in the backseat. I married the literal man of my dreams."

"I got to marry a girl who loves me for me, supports my career, and is sexy as hell. She gave me a beautiful daughter. Honey, I think I'm the lucky one." He threaded his fingers through mine and raised my hand to his lips kissing the back of it.

Life was good. Better than good actually. Our life was next to perfect. We got home and Ash was there with Monica waiting on us. Ash helped Rob unload the various gifts and things that people had dropped at the hospital for us.

Monica sat in the living room with me. She held Aubrey rocking back and forth. It warmed my heart see by my best friend holding my baby.

"I hope our baby's this cute." She said softly.

"I'm sure it will be." I laughed.

"Well don't you look cute holding my niece?" Ash cooed coming to join us.

Monica blushed. "She's so small and perfect."

"I was almost scared to hold her at first." Rob said joining me on the couch. "You know, since she's so small."

"Yeah you must feel like a giant holding her." Ash laughed.

I yawned leaning against Rob's side. He put his arm around me and rubbed my side. I could've fallen asleep. At this point I was beyond tired.

"You can go take a nap." Rob whispered to me. "I can handle daddy duty."

I chuckled. "Are you sure? I feel bad."

"I promise it's fine." Rob assured me. "If I need you I'll come get you I swear. Plus Ash and Monica will hang out awhile, right guys?"

He'd given them a pointed look but they agreed. I didn't have to be told again. I kissed Rob and Aubrey. Then I headed to bed.

Monica was helping me upstairs per Rob's request. She was wincing more than me as we climbed. That almost made me laugh.

"How bad does it hurt?" She asked.

"It's the worst pain I've ever felt." I said truthfully. "It's worth every second though."

"I'm scared." She admitted.

"So was I. I mean this was obviously very unplanned." I yawned. "Sometimes what's meant to be just happens."

Monica helped me lay down in bed. "You're the closest thing I ever had to a sister Riley. I hope our kids are just as close."

"So do I Monica. Every girl really deserves a best friend like you." I smiled.

"Even if that best friend is a little boy?" She hit her lip.

I squealed. "Yes even then!"

She giggled. " I just had to find out! Ash doesn't know yet, but I asked the doctor. It's definitely a baby boy. I'm so excited and scared, but mostly excited. Maybe Rob can teach him to play football because as much as I love Ash, he's not the best athlete."

"Rob would love that and I promise I won't spill the beans." I laughed.

"Rob said he can't wait to knock you up again." She laughed. "Good luck keeping him off you."

"Shut up! Why'd he say that?" I blushed.

"Something about making cute babies and trying for a boy." She laughed. "You should get some sleep though. We can talk later."

"Absolutely Mon, thanks for always being there for me."

"Same goes for you Ry." She squeezed my hand. "Enjoy that nap."

A few hours later I woke up alone. I made a trip to the bathroom and headed down the stairs. Rob was asleep in the recliner holding Aubrey, who was also asleep.

I took out my phone and snapped a few adorable pictures. Then I went to the kitchen to make some food. I was starving.

"Are you making pork chops?" Rob asked yawning as he came into the room.

I nodded as I flipped the meat in the pan. "And mashed potatoes with gravy."

"Mmm," He came and circled his arms around me as I cooked. "Need any help?"

"You could get some plates down." I said.

He sat the table and when the food was done we took a seat. We'd made our plates and just got settled when Aubrey started crying. Loud screaming cries at that.

"I'll get her." Rob said.

"No it's okay." I stood up. "You had her all afternoon. I can get her. She's probably hungry."

When I went get her and she stopped crying as soon as I cradled her against my chest. Her little eyes fluttering in the light and her lips settled in a pout that she undoubtedly got from me. She was so beautiful and I felt so happy and fulfilled just standing there holding her. This was motherhood.