39.

"Six weeks!" Monica was bouncing Liam on her knee as I shook my head up and down. "You're insane!"

"It didn't seem so crazy in the moment Mon. Rob's such a great dad and he's so helpful." I sighed. "Footballs starting back up for real though and he's going to be traveling."

"You'll be home alone with Aubrey, and pregnant!" She reminded me.

"Shh," I waved my hand at the park that was sitting not so far from us. "Magazine reporters hide everywhere."

"You haven't told him yet?" She giggled.

"Ugh! I wanted to but I haven't found the right time." I sighed checking on Aubrey in the stroller. "He's so excited about this season starting, and I know he's gonna want to be there for me."

"You don't want to stress him out?" She asked.

I nodded. "Exactly, that's the last thing he needs."

"You don't think he's going to be excited?"

I laughed. "Excited isn't the word for it. Hell, he'll be over the moon about it."

"Then tell him so he has time to enjoy it before the season starts." She shrugged.

"I wanna tell him tonight." I nodded in agreement with her.

"Fabulous," she smiled happily. "Now tell me, how'd it happen?"

"When his mom took Aubrey for the weekend we spent all our time in bed practically." I shrugged.

"Ash hasn't seemed eager to get back at it." She sighed. "I don't know how to bring it up."

"Okay that's my brother so I refuse to give you sex advice, because ew, but I'd just say something." I said. "Honestly I've discovered that men are stupid so unless you tell them then it's like it doesn't exist."

She laughed at my joke. "Thanks."

"You're welcome."

"Give me details. I wanna live vicariously through you, and lucky me Rob's not my brother." She propped Liam on her hip as we walked heading back to my place.

"You're sick." I gestured to our kids.

"They can't understand yet." She laughed.

"Fine, what do you wanna hear? He likes to be called Daddy in bed? He came in me with such a big load it was practically leaking out? How about that he spanked my ass so hard his handprint was there for days, and every time I saw it in the mirror I wanted to take his clothes off and do it again? Maybe, that he had me bent over in the kitchen while he ate me like the last supper?" I threw my arms up making her laugh.

She was practically blushing. "Y'all are some freaks."

I shrugged. "He definitely brings it out in me."

"Sounds like it." She laughed. "Your brother is not freaky for the record."

"Ew! Shut up!" I smacked her arm.

We laughed on the way back to the house. Once we got there Rob was just pulling in the drive. Monica took Liam home, not being able to look him in the eye after what I'd told her, and I handed Aubrey over to Rob. He said he wanted quality Dad time.

While he was holding her fingers letting her practice walking I started dinner. I made chicken alfredo because that's what I wanted. When it was done I called them to come eat.

Rob plopped Aubrey in her chair and got a jar of food from the fridge. We had a system. We got a bite, then she got a bite. It worked fine for now. She got fussy sometimes though.

"So we need to talk." Rob said softly to me.

My immediate first thought was, oh god he knows, but I played it cool. "About what?"

"I played a few downs in the preseason game, and I took a hit. And it was an ugly one." He said.

"I know you told me."

"Well I met with the medical team today and I have to have back surgery. I go in the last Wednesday of this month, and I'm out for the majority of the season after." He said it fast like ripping a bandaid off.

"Well great because that makes it easier to tell you my news." I chuckled

"I figured you'd be upset at least a little. What's your news?" He cocked his head and fed Aubrey a bite.

"I'm six weeks pregnant."

...

"Rob?" I laughed at his priceless expression.

"You're serious right now?" He was grinning ear to ear.

"I swear."

He got up and hugged me tight. "I was so upset about missing the season but this so makes up for it. I'll be here the whole pregnancy. Even if I'm a gimp and can't do anything. At least I'll be here! I'm so excited!"

"Everything happens for a reason." I kissed him softly. "I'm excited too."

Aubrey started to fuss so we sat back down and started eating. After we finished we planned out a few appointments and figured out what we were gonna do the day of Rob's surgery. Once Aubrey was laid down for bed we sat on the couch together.

"I can't believe you're actually pregnant again already." He laughed.

"Yeah the doctor was pleasantly surprised as well." I rolled my eyes. "Aubrey will be a year old in a few weeks and I'm already cooking her first sibling."

"Ew don't say it like that." Rob laughed.

"Still though," I laughed.

"Speaking of Aubrey turning one, I talked it over with my family and we've decided to have her party in your hometown. That way your family can see her." He squeezed my hands. "Now we can give them two surprises."

Tears filled my eyes. "I married the most amazing man."

"Yeah I'm pretty great." He laughed. "So I booked our flights and stuff. Monica and Ash are flying out with us."

"I can't believe this!" I was so happy.

"I know you already planned the theme and stuff, but I figured we can do all that in your hometown."

I nodded. "Absolutely! I'm so happy. This is such a thoughtful surprise."

"Monica seemed to think you'd love it too." He laughed pulling me into a hug.

"My mom's going to freak out!"

He laughed. "Especially when we tell her about our next little nugget."

I laughed with him rubbing my belly. "I'm so happy to watch our little family grow. Thank you for being such a great man, husband, and father."

He kissed my head. "Thank you for being the woman who makes me such a great man, husband, and father."