19

"Your palms are sweaty." Rob whispered not so quietly into my ear as we sat in the cream colored waiting room.

To say I was nervous was a big understatement. My palms were indeed very sweaty. Rob was holding my hand with our fingers laced together and he seemed cool as a cucumber.

"I'm sorry." I sighed for about the tenth time since we'd sat down.

"Gronkowski?" A shrill voice called making everyone in the waiting room look our way.

It was only a small room and there were three women and two men. Both men snapped there necks to look at Rob when his name came out of that tiny nurse woman's mouth. The three ladies were more inconspicuous about it, but they still most definitely looked.

"People are so going to talk." I mumbled to Rob, fearing for his career, as we walked following the lady who'd called us. "You could still bail out."

"It's fine." He waves it off. "Also it's irrelevant right now because we're about to find out if I'm gonna be a dad so let's focus on that."

"Alright, we're going to have to pee in a cup. Then another nurse will be in to draw some blood. After that about twenty minutes and we'll have the doctor come in and cover all the bases." The shrill woman smiled warmly at us both.

"I think I've covered most of the bases already." Rob winked at me making me actually laugh.

"I'm going to go pee in a cup now." I patted his shoulder. "When I come back be ready to see me cry though, because needles freak me out big time."

"You have that tattoo on your shoulder though." He pointed out.

I laughed. "Yeah but I can't see my shoulder AND I was really drunk when I got it. This is honestly a topic for another time. I drank three bottles of water on the way here to get ready for this so excuse me."

When I returned Rob was sitting there just playing in his phone. He still looked calm as can be. There was no worry in his body language at all.

"Rob," I sighed.

"I hope it's a boy." He looked up from his phone smiling.

My heart banged inside my chest. Then I blurted out exactly what I was feeling. "I love you."

He cocked his head. "I love you too Ry."

"No, I really love you so much!" I crossed the room the hug him. "The second I saw those little plus signs I was so worried, but you've been amazing about everything. As pathetic as it sounds, I'm so excited and I hope it's a boy too."

He didn't get to speak again before the doctor came in. She was probably forty years old and had a pleasant ora about her.

"I'm Doctor Wilson." She introduced herself. "I talked with Rob here while you were in the bathroom. I'm very excited for you two."

"Nice to meet you." I said nervously.

"Well let's draw some blood." She cracked a smile as the nurse came in. "Let's talk about you a little while she does it. Your boyfriend mentioned that you don't like needles, so let's focus on you."

I smiled as Rob slipped his hand in mine to hold it. "Okay."

"Tell me about your family history. Brothers and sisters?" The doctor prompted.

"I have all brothers." I said tensing a little.

"Me too." Rob smiled rubbing his thumb over my hand.

The needle came out of my arm and I took a shaky breath. We talked about family medical history awhile and she mentioned Rob's football career. Her husband is a huge fan apparently. Then finally the nurse came back. She handed the doctor papers and left.

"Well, looks like you're going to indeed be parents." She said. "We can set up an appointment for an ultrasound if you wanna come out to the front desk?"

I nodded and stood up. Rob hugged me tight as we made our way to the door. He didn't say anything but I could practically feel him planning to play catch with our son, or trying to teach our daughter to play hide and seek. He was going to be such a good dad.

"I'm so excited." Rob said in my ear as we walked. "I mean I never really thought about kids, but I can't wait."

I smiled placing a hand on my still flat stomach. "Me either. You're going to be a great dad."

He smiled and kissed my cheek. "You'll be a good mom too."

We made our ultrasound appointment and talked about what would happen at it. We were given a list of do's an don'ts. Then we were free to go.

Hand in hand we walked to his vehicle. I couldn't believe this was actually happening. Honestly it felt like any second I would wake up back home to fight with my brothers for the bathroom before school started, and it would all be a dream.

"Are you still scared?" Rob asked me beeping his doors unlocked.

"More excited than scared. I mean I have worries but I'm sure we can figure things out." I shrugged.

He kissed the side of my head. "That's my girl."

"I think I'm gonna call that bar and see if I can get a job thought. Babies are so expensive."

He rolled his eyes. "Not a chance in hell I'm about to let the mother of my child work in a bar. That's so dangerous. Not happening."

I sighed. "So what you're just gonna pay for everything?"

"What's wrong with that?"

"Rob it makes me feel like some cheap whore." I groaned. "I want to know that if you weren't around I'd be able to take care of things on my own."

"Do you anticipate me going somewhere?" He asked.

I shrugged. "No I don't, but that's not the point."

"Well, fine we can compromise. I don't mind you working, but not in a bar." He stated.

"Fine, I'll look around." I sighed.

Rob was oddly quiet on the way to his place. I figured he'd talk about the baby or anything really. He didn't though. He looked deep in thought. Maybe he was having second thoughts.

We pulled in his drive and he turned to face me. "I think we should get married."