33.

"Braxton Hicks?" Rob asked the doctor.

"It's very common and feels very real." She explained. "Nothing for concern at all."

"So the baby's okay?" I asked.

"She's fine." She assured me. "She's even head down now. I'd say in less than a few weeks we'll have a baby."

"What should we be doing?" Rob asked.

"Walking helps." She smiled. "Lots of rest for mommy and daddy too, because once the baby's here you won't get much."

I laughed. "Thank you for everything."

"That's what I'm here for."

After the little labor scare Rob and I went home and packed a go bag. We picked an outfit to bring Aubrey home in. He called everyone and updated them.

The next few days we did as the doctor said. We went on lots of walks. There was a lot of just relaxing and sleeping in. Rob would sit behind me and rub my back. It was fabulous.

Today after our walk we sat on the couch and watched American Idol. As we watched Rob played with my hair. I was almost asleep when he started talking.

"The boys are coming to help finish Aubrey's nursery tomorrow." Rob said rubbing my thigh.

"I thought it was done?" I raised an eyebrow.

"The painting is done and the cribs put together obviously, but we're going to shampoo the carpet and carry the changing table in. I'd like to set up that baby monitor your mom got us, and we need to put that bookshelf together."

"Well with all that I'm glad you'll have help." I teased him.

"Ash and Monica tell everyone they're pregnant yet?" Rob asked.

"No, why?"

He shrugged. "I'm just excited for them."

"Me too, but they wanna wait a little bit." I said. "Monica doesn't wanna jump the gun."

"They did go to the doctor though right?"

I nodded. "Yeah, she's only six weeks."

"Our kids can play together." He smiled. "Logan's kids were very well behaved, by the way. It actually made me more excited. Tom's kids are mostly goons. Lord, and my brothers kids are rambunctious as hell."

I laughed considering the source. "I figure we'll be fine until our girl starts dating."

"She's not dating. Ever. I already decided." He said dead serious making me laugh again.

"Oh I'm sure." I snorted.

"She's going to be so beautiful. Just like you." He kissed my forehead. "We'll have to beat the boys off with ball bats."

I laughed and when I did I felt like I pissed myself. I stopped laughing abruptly and stood up. When I looked at Rob he looked like he was trying to hold in a laugh.

"It wasn't that funny." He choked out still trying not to laugh.

"I did not just pee my pants Rob!" I snapped. "I think my water just broke!"

"Oh shit!" He hopped up and started hustling around.

I went to the bathroom and changed my pants. When I came out I just kinda stood there watching my husband run around. He loaded the bags we'd packed into the car. Then he went and grabbed a shirt. He called the doctor. Then he rushed me to the car.

"I should buy an SUV for the baby." He said as he started driving.

"She won't be driving for a long time Honey." I chuckled.

"I meant for the car seat smartass." He rolled his eyes.

My stomach started to tighten and there was some serious pains happening all over. I gripped Rob's hand and started panting. This shit was no joke. This was far worse that those Braxton Hicks contractions.

"I think we're supposed to time those. That's what the doctor said on the phone." Rob said shaking his hand once I released it.

"It felt like an hour." I sighed. "If that's a preview of what's coming I think this is a one and done."

Once we got to the hospital we got situated in our room. The doctor came in and checked on us. I was definitely in real labor this time.

"You're dilated a four and your progression is pretty fast, which is good, the contractions will be getting closer together. Do you want the epidural?"

I nodded as another contraction took over. Rob clutches my hand and smoothed my hair back. He was doing great with this. I wish I could say the same for myself.

"Once we administer the epidural everything should slow down a bit. Did you call all the family?" She asked Rob.

"Everyone's on their way." He nodded. "Riley only wants me and Monica in the room though."

"Not your mom?" The doctor asked.

I sighed relieved the contraction was over. "No, my mom flew home after the wedding and I want my best friend in here with me so she can see what she's in for."

Rob chuckled. "Her and Ash will be here soon."

The epidural did slow things down. A few hours later Rob and Monica were both in the room with me and I couldn't really feel much going on down below. The nurse kept coming in and checking progress.

Finally, after hours of waiting, it was go time!

Rob held my hand and they sat me up to help me push. It was the most excruciating pain I had ever felt for n my life. There was screaming from me then they sat me back.

We did that over and over about five times. Then there was screaming from someone else. I dropped back and tried to catch my breath.

"She's so perfect Riley." Monica squeezed my shoulder.

"You did so good babe." Rob kissed my forehead.

What happened next was all a blur. There was crying tears of joy and pain. I was sweating and crying. The doctor was talking but I didn't hear her. There was a ton of blood. Then there was this precious baby placed on my chest. After that nothing else mattered.

She was indeed perfect. I was instantly in love. She was so small and cute. She had a full head of hair which I'd expected from all the heartburn I'd had. Her crying stopped when she was placed on my chest. It gave me a small sense of pride knowing that I'd just pushed her out of me.

"Looks like she's already a mommy's girl." The doctor laughed.

"Only until Daddy holds her." Rob said joking.

"Let's get you all cleaned up and well set you up in your private room."