10

"Jimmy's so strong and so sexy." Monica was droning on about how amazing her new favorite football player was.

Rob was long gone by the time Jimmy dropped my best friend off. I'm sure it had been planned out. The little shits probably had it all talked out before the day even started. I was getting bitchy.

Rob was sweet and I had been kind of snappy, and now I'm ignoring my best friend and feeling awful annoyed by her. Must be PMSing pretty hard.

"And you with Rob!" Mon squealed.

"I know!" I faked enthusiasm. "He invited me to some charity thing? Did Jimmy ask you to go?"

She nodded. "It's Friday. We should go shopping!"

"I'm dirt broke Monica, remember?" I laughed. "I should be looking for a damn job."

"Your job is to look like a bangin piece of arm candy for your boy Rob." She winked. "Come on I'll pay."

"I can't let you do that."

"Sure you can. If it makes you feel better I'll lie and say you can pay me back sometime." She laughed.

"Ugh! Fine." I sighed.

We drove to the mall and shopped around. Monica had bought about eight new pairs of shoes and three new pairs of jeans. She'd also gotten a gorgeous dress that was plum colored and stopped mid thigh. She looked stunning in it and swore that she'd seen the prefect shoes to match it in my closet at home.

I however had tried on a thousand dresses and seen nothing I liked. Some were too showy for a charity event, and some were just not me. I felt like I was living someone else's life. Like this was all a dream.

"Ry get your phone." Monica bumped me making me snap out of my own thoughts.

"It's just a notification. I'm sure it can wait." I hummed as I flipped through a rack of clothes.

"It might be your lover boy ." She teased.

I rolled my eyes and got my phone from my pocket. It was indeed Rob. He'd Snapchated me a goofy picture of him getting ready for a workout. I snapped him back a picture of me in front of the clothes writing that I'd yet to find the perfect dress.

He replied in a text minutes later.

Rob: I'm sure you look great in anything... or in nothing🤷🏻‍♂️ either way.

Me: Yeah but wearing nothing is probably frowned upon at charity events.

Rob: I'll buy you a dress.

Me: Not to be rude but what do you know about dresses?

Rob: How to take them off and that you'd look good in a sexy little black one hugging you in all the right places.

"You're blushing Riley." Monica teased me making my face heat up more.

"You're an ass." I stuck my tongue out at her.

Me: I'm sure I'll find something.

Rob: No seriously what size are you? I'll literally take care of it and have one at your house in an hour.... if you hate it you can send it back.

"He wants to buy my dress." I told Monica.

"Gronk wants to buy you a dress? Not lingerie, but like an actual dress?" She laughed grabbing my phone and reading our messages.

"I don't know maybe it's a sweet gesture but,"

"But nothing Ry! Just let him do something nice for you. You've never been treated good so you don't know what it's like. He's just being sweet so let him."

She was right. I should let him buy the damn dress and hope it covers my ass. "Fine."

Me: I wear a 12 and please make it decent because I don't want to look like a stripper.

Rob: I'd never want you to look like a stripper in front of anyone but me😏

I chuckled and rolled my eyes. "I hope the dress he gets is okay because if it's not then I'm going in jeans and his jersey I guess."

Monica laughed. "Yes because that won't draw attention."

***

We got back to my place with only a few other stops for Monica to buy jewelry. She said she needed to class up her off the shoulder dress a little. I was parking on the street in front of my place when I saw a man standing by my door.

When we got out the man smiled. He had on a nice suit and was old enough to be my dad. He was holding a large white box with a fancy black bow.

"Are you Miss Riley?" He asked me as I came closer to him.

I nodded.

"Mister Gronkowski sent me your sizes with a picture of what he wanted for you, and I picked this up for the event coming up. I hope it's to your liking." He smiled.

"Um, thank you?" I waited for his name.

"Mister Dean." He handed me the box. "Have a pleasant day Miss, and if anything needs altered have Robert contact me personally."

"Okay thanks again." I smiled as Monica squealed in delight.

"Oh my god that was so fast! We have to go in and see what it looks like!" She was bouncing as she practically pulled my arm out of socket dragging me inside.

We sat the box on my living room couch and I carefully undid the black ribbon. I opened the box and inside was the most perfect black dress I'd ever seen it probably cost more than all my clothes combined. On top of the dress was a pair of nice matching heels to wear with it and a note on a piece of white paper.

Ry,
I guessed on shoe size so if it's wrong we can take them back. I hope you like the dress as much as I'll like you in it ;)
Xx,
Daddy Gronk

"I'm gonna kill him." I threw the note down and stomped to my table to grab my phone. He was going to get a nice thank you and a smack in the head next time I see his ass.