4

My life was handing out mad L's currently. First I caught Alex in bed with Lauren (his brothers fiancé) and then HE dumped ME! Now I just got to my place of employment only to be told they have, "relieved the position" I held. I just lost my fucking job!

Now here I sit. A corner booth drinking a coffee I probably can't afford. I could always ask my brother for some money but after he paid for my apartment I can't possibly ask for anything else from him.

"You okay?" The waitress asked as she sat down my second coffee.

I glanced at her seeing she was maybe my age with pretty blonde hair. Her name was Dakota. She looked like a nice girl who was being genuine in asking if I was okay so I didn't lie.

"Things could be better." I sighed.

"I'm sorry." She sat down across from me. "Do you wanna talk about it?"

"Well my boyfriend of like forever cheated and then dumped me when I found out. I just lost my job and my best friend from high school is supposed to be coming to stay with me next week to help me settle in my new place that I don't by even think I'll be able to stay in. My life is a mess." I sipped my coffee.

"That's horrible! What a douche. My ex ended up in jail for breaking into my car after dumping me." She shared.

"Did I mention he cheated with his brothers fiancé? Yeah!" I shook my head.

"Shiiiit!" She slapped the table. "Hey this place down the block is hiring! If you're looking to make some extra cash until you get a new job."

"What place?"

"The bar by the stadium. It's the Toby Keith bar!" She laughed. "I saw the sign on the door when I went out last weekend."

I nodded. "Thanks Dakota, I'll check it out."

"Anytime, we should hang out. You seem like you need girl time." She suggested.

"For sure!" I handed her my phone and she gave me her number.

"I'll text you when I get off and we can get dinner. My treat since you've had a shit week."  She smiled when I handed her back her phone.

"Thanks!" I smiled. This was the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

***

Later that day I was dressed in some tight jeans and a red V-neck to get dinner with Dakota. She sent me an address and I was driving to her place. It wasn't a long drive and once she was in the car we headed to Applebee's.

"Sometimes it's nice to leave Foxborough." Dakota said as we passed the city limits sign. "Especially during football season."

I laughed. The mention of football made me think of Rob. I should text him. I hope this isn't like a one time thing for him. I mean we hear about his stunts on tv but he wouldn't have given me his number if he didn't want to see me again right?

"Not a fan of the Patriots?" I asked Dakota still lost in my thoughts as I drove.

"I was raised in a Jets house." She sighed. "So I don't really get along to well in Foxborough."

I tapped my brakes jokingly. "Jets fans walk to Applebee's."

"Oh shut up I'm paying." She laughed.

"I guess it can slide this one time." I shrugged.

When we got to Applebee's the place was pretty packed. We parked and headed to the door. When we were about to go in I saw the man I'd woken up next to a few mornings ago.