11

I was wearing the dress Rob had got me with the shoes we'd had to exchange for a different size. I felt uncomfortable but also stunning at the same time. My hair was flawless and my nails were perfect. Monica had done my makeup on point. I felt like a model almost. That is until I saw Mon.

She was beautiful as alway with her dress and hair all perfect. Her makeup was amazing too. She was easily the prettiest girl I've ever met.

"You look so good Mon." I hugged her. "Thank you for coming to see me. This reminds me of prom night! I missed you so much!"

"Riley we've been friends our whole lives, I'd do anything for you. You're like a sister to me!" She smiled stepping back. "Hopefully unlike prom night I won't puke or get alcohol poisoning tonight! Now let's finish your look off with some sexy red lip stick!"

I laughed and followed her to my bathroom. She was definitely the sister I never got. Although I wouldn't trade my brothers for anything sometimes you just need girl time.

Once we were ready it wasn't even ten minutes and there was a knock on my door. I'd just expected Rob to text me so I hurried to get the door. I opened it and frowned when I seen what was on the other side.

"Alex?" I asked. "How'd you find me?"

"Riley I was a fool. A complete ass to you! I don't blame you for hating me but I came to apologize." He rushed out. "Wow you look nice."

"Um, thanks." I mumbled.

"Was that the guys? They're kinda earlier than I expected." Monica came around the corner fluffing her hair and stopped dead in her tracks when she saw Alex.

"Guys?" Alex gave me a disapproving look.

"Don't even give me that look! You cheated on ME! You don't get to come to my damn house and judge me for my choices. What I do is none of your business anymore!" I snapped.

He shook his head and glared at Monica. "She always turned on me when you were around. Did you put her up to this? Dressing up and going out to find some desperate son of a bitch to br-"

Alex was cut short when Rob, who was looking very delicious in his all black tux, stepped through the open door followed closely by Jimmy in a similar all grey suit. They looked from Alex to me and Mon then back.

Rob spoke first. "What the fuck is this?" He asked Alex.

"Ar-A-Are you?" Alex stammered.

"Yeah Rob Gronkowski." He rolled his eyes and looked to me. "What's going on babe?"

Alex sucked in a breath when he called me babe. I might have too. Rob was always surprising me with the little things he said and did. This is one of those times. Plus he was looking so damn fine I might not have been breathing.

"This asshole's Ry's ex and he showed up trying to do god knows what after he cheated on her then dumped her." Monica explained. "I'm sure he was just leaving."

"I can't believe you became a whore for some football player that you don't even know! We belonged together Riley." Alex said to me.

My eyes widened as Rob snatched ahold of him. "What did you just fucking say?"

"Rob don't!" I reached for Rob and caught his wrist. "He's not worth the trouble it'll cause."

Rob looked at me and nodded sharply. He released Alex and stepped back. "You need to go."

"Or what?" He crosses his arms.

This time it was me who spoke up. "Or I'll whip your ass right here in this god damn living room you arrogant piece of shit!"

He jumped at my threat and took two steps toward the door before Rob put his hand up stopping him again. "Just know if you come near her again it'll be the last thing you do."

"Fuck you man." Alex looked back at me and scoffed. "You aren't even worth it."

Alex left leaving the door wide open and we all just stood around looking at each other in disbelief of what had just happened. Jimmy took Monica's hand and pulled her slowly outside closing the door to give me and Rob a chance to talk.

"Soo..." I sighed hating the silence between us.

"You look beautiful Riley." He said holding out his hand.

"Rob as much as I'd like to pretend that didn't just happen, I think we should talk about it." I fidgeted with my fingers. "If the drama is too much or if you don't want me to go with you now,"

"Hey hey hey," he stopped me and took both my hands in his threading our fingers together. "I absolutely still want you to go tonight. As far as the ex boyfriend goes, he means nothing to me as long as he means nothing to you."

"Okay." I nodded.

"Other than that we can talk about it later, or never again. We need to get going though or we'll all be late."

"Thank you for being so rational about this." I stood on my top toes in the heels I had on to kiss him.

He kissed me back and smiled when we pulled apart. "Believe me when I say I was only rational for you. I'd have loved nothing more than to-"

He was cut off by Jimmy opening the door to tell us we needed to go. Rob nodded taking my hand and pulling me to the car waiting on us outside. We small talked on the way and left what happened with Alex behind us.

Once we got to the venue I was nervous. I'd never done anything like this and I didn't know what to do really. I mean this was Rob's life and I didn't want to embarrass him.

Monica and Jimmy got out and she gripped his arm as he lead her through the reporters snapping pictures. They walked right up the steps and into the venue. Rob leaned close and kissed the side of my head.

Then he whispered. "Calm down I brought you to have fun. We always have fun together so don't make tonight any different."

"Not a chance Gronkowski. Everything with you is fun." I smiled.

"That's my girl." He smirked and slid out.

He held his hand out and I took it. Flashes surrounded us as he walked toward the stairs. Unlike Jimmy though Rob was enjoying the attention. He smiled and waved. He even stopped to say a few words about the charity tonight was benefiting.

Listening to him speak about something obviously so close to his heart melted mine. He spoke passionately about the Make A Wish foundation. Then a reporter asked him about me.

"Riley's one of a kind." He smiled not answering the question at all. Then he waved to the crowd of reporters. "Have a good night."

With that he lead me inside. Lights flashed and music pumped. The whole team was here drinking and donating money.

"Is that Tom?"

"Yeah and Gisele." Rob nodded. "Want a drink?"

"Not tonight." I shook my head and looked up at him. "Tonight I want to remember everything exactly the way it is."