25

My brothers arrived in the late afternoon just as the rain had stopped. It was an on and off rainy day and the sky was grey. Rob was at practice and I was home alone when they arrived.

Drew's fancy black car pulled in and I hurried to the door. Drew was stepping out of the driver side when I threw open the door. Ash hopped out just as I was hurrying their way.

"Riley!" Drew hugged me tight as I crashed into him.

I'd missed my big brother most of all. He was literally my biggest protector and best friend growing up. Other than Monica of course.

"No love for me?" Ash snorted. "I see how it is."

I let go of Drew and rounded to hug Ash. "I missed you both very much!"

"We missed you too." Drew said.

Ash let me go and whistled low. "So this is what an NFL players house looks like? I figured there would be more security."

"Yeah at least a gate or something." Drew nodded in agreement.

"Rob doesn't like a ton of security. He thinks it's suffocating." I shrugged.

My brothers hummed a response and we just stood there talking awhile. Ash had changed his major, yet again.  He told me he was considering dropping school all together. Drew was thriving at work, as always. Both of them seemed on edge though.

"So why are you guys really here?" I asked. "Not that I don't love you both, but seriously you drove like three thousand miles just to see me?"

"Let's go inside and talk." Drew gave a nod toward the house.

That was not a good sign. I sighed and led the boys inside. I'd kinda figured something was up when Drew told me they were coming, but I'd just hoped I was wrong.

Once inside Ash whistled again. "Damn this house is nice!"

"It's definitely nice." I agreed. "It's just a house though."

"You've always been so blasé about material things." Ash snorted.

"Did you learn that word when you were an English major?" I teased.

"Shut up!" Ash grumped.

Drew laughed. "Just like old times."

I showed them to the living room. Along the way I pointed out the kitchen and the bathroom, and the stairs leading up to the bedrooms. We all sat down on the couch together and it got quiet.

"Seriously though guys." I crossed my arms trying to stay focused and not show off the bit of weight I'd gained.

"Mom's doing good and all." Drew said.

"Our real dad's back." Ash rolled his eyes. "Mom's called the police eight times this week probably having his ass carted off her property."

"When did he get outta jail?" I asked stunned.

Our father had been put in jail when Ash was only three. He'd been there for as long as I could remember almost. Mom remarried when Ash was seven to the man I referred to as my dad.

"He was released last fall." Drew sighed. "Mom's having a hard time with it and she misses you. We all do."

"I miss you guys too." I smiled. "I can't do anything about mom's situation though."

"We know Sis." Ash assured me. "We just wanted you to know, because Dad reached out to all of us."

"What?" I asked.

"He called me threatening me for money." Drew sighed.

"Me too." Ash added. "We figures it wouldn't be long until he hits you up. Plus if he figures out you're dating Gronk it might be kinda bad."

"Do you think I'm in danger?" I asked.

"Well no, but better safe than sorry." Drew said. "This wasn't really an over the phone conversation I wanted to have either."

"Plus I wanted to meet your boyfriend." Ash added.

I heard tires on the driveway outside. A smile automatically went to my lips when I heard it. Rob was home.

"Well lucky you, because that's him now." I smiled heading to the door.

Rob was on the porch when I opened the door up for him. He smiled and pressed a kiss to my lips and subtly rubbed my stomach. I gave him a "not now" look and he just winked.

"Well well well, look who it is." Ash's voice sounded teasing. "It's the much larger in person, Rob Gronkowski."

"Much larger in person?" Rob laughed looking at me.

"That's what Ry offered up when I asked about you on the phone. She hates when I pry." Drew laughed joining is in the walkway. "I'm her older brother Drew."

"And this is Ash." I added. "Guys, this is my boyfriend, Rob."

"It's nice to finally meet you guys." Rob smiled. "Ry talks about you all the time."

It wasn't a lie either. Honestly I talked about my brothers a ton. Rob's brothers often reminded me of mine when they came around. He probably already felt like he knew Ash and Drew.

"So last weeks win was impressive." Drew looked like a kid meeting his hero.

"It was okay." Ash said under his breath but I knew Rob heard him.

"The team looks strong this year." Rob smiled. "You guys hungry?"

Just like that we moved on to the kitchen. I'd made lasagna last night and froze it. We heated that up and the boys bonded over sports. Ash warmed to Rob even though he was far from a Patriots fan. Drew seemed to like him as well. Seeing them all together made my heart full.

"What exactly are your intentions with my baby sister?" Drew asked making me nearly choke on my food.

Ash bust out laughing and patted my back. "You should've known that was coming."

"I fully intend to marry her." Rob smiled my way and gave me a wink. "Maybe a few kids. Ya know, white picket fence and all that."

"Is that so?" Drew cocked his head looking to me also.

I nodded and held up my left hand that was sporting the ring Rob had given me a few days ago. It was a white gold band with two small diamonds and a larger princess cut one in the center. I absolutely loved it. It was perfect just like him.

"Oh my god no way!" Ash spit water.

Rob smiled proudly. Drew congratulated us and clap his hand on Rob's shoulder. Ash grabbed my hand to check out the ring.

"Any other big surprises?" Drew chuckled.

"Well..." I bit my lip and looked at Rob.

He nodded as if giving the okay.

"I'm pregnant."