Double Bubble Disco King. (Josh Dun x Reader)

"Beat that, Dun."

"In my sleep, (Y/L/N)."

"Oh yeah? Why don't you put your money where your mouth is?"

"Even better, I'll put my bubble where my mouth is!"

Josh smirked confidently before furrowing his brows in concentration as he manoeuvred his tongue through the thick layer of bubble-gum in his mouth.

As soon as the gum had formed a thin layer over his tongue, the drummer inhaled deeply before blowing a massive bubble. It was notably bigger than the one you had blown a moment earlier, and he wiggled his brows at you in a childish display of mockery.

You returned the gesture with a sour face as he popped the bubble and sucked the gum back into his mouth.

"Alright, I'll give you that one," you nodded in respect as you reached for the packet of double thick bubble gum sitting on the tiled floor between you and your boyfriend. You stuffed your hand into the packet and pulled out two more squares of gum, tore the wrappers off and shoved it into your already gum-filled mouth. "But I've got this."

You munched on the fresh pieces of candy to soften it up so that bubbles could be made but the chewing motions of your jaw halted once you realised the immaturity of the whole situation.

"I can't believe that we're on the floor of our kitchen, having a competition to see who can blow the biggest bubble, on a Friday night," you commented on your juvenile activity with a minor scoff.

"Shh!" Josh urged, waving his hands as if to reiterate his request for you to shut up. "It's too late to back out now; we're in too deep!"

With a snort and an eye roll, you resumed chewing the gum. Once it was softened up enough for it to become malleable, you proceeded to blow a bubble. It was the biggest one that either of you had blown thus far and you mimicked Josh's actions from earlier – wiggling your eyebrows as you popped the bubble.

Your boyfriend didn't bother to give you the courtesy of a response; rather, he reached forward, grabbed the packet of gum and emptied the remaining pieces onto the floor in front of him.

You watched with a bemused expression as Josh hastily removed each of the six wrappers, tossing the pieces of gum into his mouth as he went along. With his mouth now packed nearly to capacity, the drummer attempted to chew down on the hard pieces, willing himself to push past the ache in his jaw that came as a result of the way his mandible had been working overtime for the last little while.

It paid off, however, since Josh managed to produce the most ginormous bubble that either of you two had ever seen. A loud gasp slipped past your lips and you watched wide-eyed as the bubble continued to grow and grow – it was big enough to cover most of Josh's face, leaving only his eyebrows and forehead visible to you.

And you weren't the only one astounded by the size of it; once the bubble grew to the size of his face and he was unable to see you because of it, Josh got so excited that he inadvertently popped it, causing the gum to form a flattened sheet over his face, with some of it catching in his hair.

The drummer immediately started peeling the gum from his face incredibly carefully, and let out a strangled cry when he realised that a fairly large chunk of it was now entirely tangled with the strands on his head.

"(Y/N)!" he pleaded, frantically trying to salvage his hair, "Help me!"

Biting back the laugh threatening to erupt out of your throat, you uncrossed your legs and dragged yourself across the floor towards your boyfriend, swatting his struggling hands away and replacing them with your own.

"Shit, it's really stuck," you mumbled as you tried to move your fingers between the strands of Josh's hair and pry it away from the gum. Your attempts were more than futile. "Babe," you huffed dejectedly, removing your hands and slumping your shoulders, "I can't get it out."

"What do you mean you can't get it out?!"

"I mean exactly that! It's stuck!"

"Yeah, I know that, and I need you to GET IT OUT!"

"Josh," you started calmly, tilting your head down as you looked at him, "yelling is NOT GOING TO HELP!"

"I'M SORRY BUT I NEED TO GET IT OUT, (Y/N)!"

With a groan, you pushed yourself up from the floor and motioned for Josh to do the same.

"Go upstairs and start washing your hair out," you instructed, turning to walk over to the pantry, "I'll be right up to help, okay?"

The drummer grunted something that sounded like 'okay' before heading for the bathroom upstairs, leaving you to get what you needed.

Clutching the jar in your hand, you ascended the stairs two minutes later and strolled into the room to join Josh.

"Okay, I know that peanut butter is meant to remove gum from furniture but I figured we'd give it a tr-"

You nearly dropped the jar onto the bathroom floor when you caught sight of Josh and what he had done. You were left stammering in disbelief for a couple seconds before eventually getting some words out. Well, one word, to be exact.

"Why?"

Josh, now with a massive bald patch at the front of his scalp, turned to look at you with doe-eyes.

"I panicked!"

"So you cut a hole in your hair?" You shook your head in disapproval and pinched the bridge of your nose before taking a deep breath and walking to stand next to him. "Alright, I think I have a way to fix this."

"You do?" He looked at you hopefully.

"Yes. But I can't guarantee a one hundred percent approval rate."

~

"...so then, he totally freaked out and cut this huge hole in his hair and of course I was left to clean up the mess as always. And, well..." you explained the events of the previous day to Tyler as you led him up the driveway and into your home, "Just see for yourself."

You opened the front door and cocked your head to indicate that the singer should enter, which he did; you followed behind as he walked over to the living room area.

Tyler beamed widely as soon as he took in his friend's new look.

"Dude, I know you like, idolise me and want to be just like me," he reached out and ran his hand over Josh's newly shaved head, "but copying hairstyles is where I draw the line."

_______________________________

Thank you for reading x