Just Admit It. (Part 2) (Frank Iero x Reader)

You barely set foot out of the bar's restroom before your ears were met by the sound of thunderous laughter that you were certain belonged to your friends.

Making your way back to your booth in the corner of the cramped, dimly lit room, your suspicions were confirmed, as the laugher hadn't died down. Taking your seat next to Frank, you furrowed your eyebrows slightly in nominal confusedness as your company tried to calm down a bit.

"It's not funny," Patrick pouted, showing his clear lack of amusement at whatever it was that had everyone else in stitches.

"What's not funny?" you questioned.

"Don't," Patrick half pleaded-half demanded as Frank looked at you.

"Hey, (Y/N)," Frank said, leaning in closer to you while his hands clutched a beer bottle and his eyes remained focused on Patrick, a sly grin on his face. "Patrick still sleeps with a nightlight, 'cause-'cause-," Frank started giggling again before he could finish his sentence but managed to push through, "he's afraid of the dark."

As soon as those last five words slipped past Frank's lips, the entire table - besides Patrick - burst into laughter again, making you let out involuntary chuckles too.

"It's called nyctophobia, it's a real thing and it's more common than you think!" Patrick defended, cheeks turning an adorable baby pink as the laughter seemingly doubled, only making him more irritated. "Yeah, well... (Y/N), Frank's in love with you!"

"Yeah, you see, dude, if you're trying to embarrass me too, that's not gonna work 'cause she already knows that," Frank retorted with a cocky grin plastered on his face as he made an apologetic gesture at Patrick with his hands. You simply rolled your eyes in response while trying your best to ignore everyone's facial expressions, already knowing what they'd look like.

"I'm gonna go get us some more drinks," you stated, rising from your seat once again.

"I'll help," (Y/B/F) added and scooted out of the cramped booth.

You ordered another round of drinks from the visibly-overworked bartender and drummed your fingers against the countertop while waiting for him to prepare it. (Y/B/F) stood to your right, eyeing you intensely.

"The sooner you tell him, the better," she cheeked.

"Or I can just continue pretending I feel nothing for him and everyone can go on normally with their lives," you responded simply, face completely neutral.

(Y/B/F) stared at you, utterly dumbfounded. "You're missing out on the possibility of a fucking amazing relationship with a great guy who's clearly deeply in love with you all because you're too proud to admit that everyone's been right all along!"

"That's not true!" you defended, glancing over at your friends momentarily before looking back at (Y/B/F). "Well, not entirely..."

"Then why don't you just tell Frank what you told me the other day in the kitchen? That you've had feelings for him for a while now but you're scared to get into a relationship because your douchebag of an ex hurt you really, really badly and- OH MY GOD."

"What?" you questioned worriedly.

"Don't turn around," she said sternly, the colour slightly draining from her face. "Jake is here."

"Jake?" you asked shakily, a knot forming in your stomach as you did so. "As in-"

"Your aforementioned ex? Yes." (Y/B/F)'s eyes widened slightly and she made a motion to reach for your arm and drag you away. "Shit, he's walking over."

The two of you started to move quickly, hoping to dodge Jake, but you were unsuccessful since a rough, virile hand seized your shoulder. The feeling brought back nauseatingly awful memories, making your stomach churn.