Hey. (Part 3) (Dallon Weekes x Reader)

════════════════

Note: I just realised that I only posted an A/N wishing you guys a Merry Christmas in the You're My Bodyguard, Not My Owner book (which not all of you read) and now I feel like a horrible person so please accept this delayed, copied and pasted wish from me to you:

A very Merry Christmas to those of you who celebrate it – may your day be filled with love and light. <3 This is my absolute favourite time of year; I love everything about Christmas. Thank you all for your wonderful support and love – especially during this month. It made my Christmas a whole lot better. I love you all. x

════════════════

════════════════

Over the course of the month following Panic!'s gig, you and Dallon had become considerably closer. Despite only having two classes together, the two of you somehow managed to always be within at least one arm's length of one another; you were practically joined at the hip. You walked together between classes, ate together, studied together... it was astounding how inseparable you two had become in such a short space of time.

Now yes, Dallon was an exceptionally beautiful person – inside and out –, and yes, your feelings for him were slightly leaning towards the romantic end of the spectrum, but the day-to-day interaction and relationship between you was nothing more than platonic.

You were absolutely fine with this arrangement; you and Dallon relished being in each other's company, regardless of what you were doing, and that was enough for the both of you. Did the idea of dating Dallon seem incredibly tempting and oh so wonderful? Absolutely. But you were content with being just friends. For now.

You had decided to take Dallon up on his offer to give you some bass lessons to help you improve your long neglected skills, and those 4pm Wednesday appointments quickly became the highlight of your week. And not only because Dallon was such a phenomenal player as well as teacher, but also because making music with him felt more incredible than anything you'd ever done.

Currently, you were perched on the steps outside Lecture Hall 5, waiting for Dallon's class to finish. You rocked back and forth on your heels before taking a sip from your coffee, the one you had bought for Dallon held in your other hand.

It was Wednesday, so it went without saying that you were in a good mood; even better than usual, since you had perfected a certain bass line you had been struggling with for the past week or so, and you were itching to play it for Dallon as a surprise. Sadly, you didn't get the opportunity to.

Perking up once you saw a lanky figure clad in a black jacket exit the building, you rushed forward to greet Dallon.

"Hey," you boomed, holding out the caffeinated beverage to him, which he readily accepted.