My Best Friend's Wedding. (Part 6) (Heads Version) (Pete Wentz x Reader)

Heads.

Patrick and (Y/B/F) cheered.

"The Coin has spoken," you sighed.

~Friday, 20:19, 13 hours and 41 minutes until the wedding~

You hesitantly tapped your knuckles against Pete's door, biting your lip and playing with your hair because of how nervous you were.

The door opened moments later and you were met by Pete's smiling face. "Hey, (Y/N)! Come in!"

You returned his smiled and entered the room, the scent of his cologne wafting into your nose as you shared a hug.

"Do you want a drink?" he offered, opening the mini-bar to give you a selection.

"I'd love one," you replied; if you were going to tell Pete how you felt, there was no way that it would be while you were totally sober.

A little while later, after you and Pete had talked and laughed for a bit, and you'd consumed enough alcohol to emit a warm, fuzzy feeling throughout your body, you decided that it was time.

"Pete, can I talk to you seriously for a second?"

"Of course, (Y/N)."

"It's about you marrying Meagan. I-"

"I think I know what this is about," he interrupted you, his brow creasing.

"You do?"

He nodded and took a deep breath. "Look, (Y/N), I know that she's not the easiest person to deal with – I speak from years of experience – but honestly, if you push all of the lavish demands and stubbornness to the side, you get a really great person. The person I fell in love with. And the person that I'm gonna marry. I know that when all of you guys look at her, you see this insane bitch, but when I look at her, I see the love of my life."

"Wow," you murmured, fighting the urge to bawl. "You really love her, don't you?"

"I do," he smiled a dorky smile, and you knew that it was genuine. "So much. She's my soul mate."

You nodded and bowed your head, blinking rapidly to get rid of the moisture behind your eyelids as Pete's words ripped your heart apart.

"Well," you choked out, swallowing hard as your mouth became dry. "I just wanted to tell you..."

He looked at you expectantly.

"That I'm really glad that you're happy."

~

"So, you didn't tell him?" (Y/B/F) confirmed.

"I couldn't," you shrugged in defeat. "Not after hearing that."

"I'm sorry, (Y/N)," Patrick said apologetically, enveloping you in his embrace.

"Yeah, me too."

~Friday, 17:00, 7 hours into the wedding~

You sat at the bar, swirling your drink in your one hand while your head was propped onto the other as you gazed distastefully at Meagan and Pete on the dance floor.

Sensing someone sitting down next to you, you turned around, tossing Patrick a half-hearted smile as he sat down.

"You okay?"

"You know what," you said, words slightly slurred as you looked back at the happy couple again. "I think so."

"You sure?" he pressed, giving you a 'don't lie to me I can see right through you' look.

"No," you sighed, slumping in your seat. "But I will be. Eventually."

"That's the spirit," he beamed widely at you and you couldn't help but smile back – his smile was contagious. "Besides, I'm sure there are loads of guys who would jump at the chance to be with you."

"Are you one of them?"

"What?" Patrick asked, not sure if he heard you correctly. To be honest, you weren't even sure if you heard you correctly.

"Would you wanna date me?" you rephrased. You weren't sure where this was coming from; whether it was the alcohol talking or whether you were genuinely interested.

"Well, um, I mean, uh," Patrick stammered, adjusting his collar as his neck began to heat up from your sudden question. "Y-yeah, I guess."

"You guess?"

"Yeah, I would," he answered, still flushed. "I-I think you're incredible, (Y/N)."

"Well, then," you leaned in closer. "You wanna go on a date?"

_______________________________

Thank you for reading x