on the 2nd day of 🎄, ohfrxnkie gave to you...

Ice-Skating with My Chemical Romance.

Mikey:

"W-woah!" Mikey's eyes went wide and he reached out for your arm, clutching it desperately as he tried to keep himself upright.

"It's okay," you reassured him, stifling a giggle as you tried to help the bassist regain his equilibrium, giving him a smile once he did, "See? You're fine."

Mikey nodded, relaxing slightly but still squeezing the life out of your arm.

"Let's try and move a little," you pushed your one skate behind the other and propelled your body slightly backwards, gently tugging Mikey along with you. "There we go."

Cautiously, Mikey slid forward, trying as best he could to not topple forward and knock the both of you to the cold, hard ice. You kept a firm grip on his hands, helping him along and slowly but surely, he started to get the hang of it.

The two of you glided carefully along the slippery surface as you passed soothing comments at your nervous counterpart. He was doing well, and seemed to be able to move relatively fine on his own, so you decided to pick up the pace a little bit. It made no difference at first, but not too long after, when Mikey glanced down, he let out a strangled cry and suddenly, the both of you were falling back.

Standing at the edge of the lake, Gerard chuckled as he watched the two of you hit the ice.

"What an idiot," Ray scoffed, as he shook his head and walked up next to Gerard. "This is the fifth time he's fallen in the last ten minutes. He's making a fool out of himself."

"Or is he a genius?" Gerard cocked an eyebrow as both his and Ray's gazes filtered over to you, giggling as you lay with your back on the ice, a blushing Mikey on top of you, gently brushing the hair from your face. "He's known how to skate since he was seven."

Gerard:

"Alright," you grunted, reaching to clasp the bannister to steady yourself, Gerard trying to do the same, "You're never choosing what to do on date night ever again."

"Oh, come on," Gerard frowned, poking his tongue out of the corner of his mouth as he tried to shuffle forward, to the bannister, "this is fun!"

You snorted, tilting your head back and rolling your eyes. "If your definition of 'fun' is making a fool out of yourself in front of fifty strangers, then yeah, this is super fun."

"My love, no one is even paying attention to us," Gerard sighed, leaning back against the bannister and gesturing to the various groups of people, all of them laughing and chattering amongst each other as they glided across the ice, "They're all focusing on themselves. Come on," he nudged you in the ribs, "Let's go back on. Who cares if we fall? Everyone falls the first time."

Very reluctantly and with a heavy sigh, you took Gerard's outstretched hands and allowed him to pull you back onto the rink.

After another few falls here and a lot of mumbled curse words there, the two of you finally managed to get to the point of being able to at least move along the edges – close to the bannister – without facepalming the ice.

Gerard slid up behind you and gently wrapped his arms around your waist, placing a kiss to your cheek as you sighed contently, leisurely shuffling along the ice.

"See? This isn't so bad, is it?"

"No," you admitted, reaching back to run your hand through his hair, "it's not."

"Uh huh," he smirked, removing his hands from your body and skating in front of you, "Hey, (Y/N)," you raised your eyebrows in expectance, "I'll race ya. Last one at the opposite end has to do the dishes for a week!"