Change My Mind. (Spencer Smith x Reader)

════════════════

Note: How lovely is it that I didn't manage to post a Valentine's imagine on Valentine's Day? Absolutely delightful. 🙃🙃🙃

════════════════

════════════════

Listen to the above song while reading.

The end of the night
We should say goodbye
But we carry on
While everyone's gone

"Alright, I think I've hit my limit for tonight," Brendon clamped his hands over his knees and leaned forward with arched brows before standing up from his seat and turning around to head upstairs, "Night, bitches!"

You and Spencer returned the singer's greeting, sniggering to yourselves as you watched him stumble up the steps, nearly falling over more than a couple times.

Sliding down into the two-seater you were occupying, you exhaled leisurely, shuffling around to get cosier and draping your legs over Spencer's lap in the process. He rubbed a soothing hand up and down your legs and raised one brow at you.

"You're not gonna head up too?" he cocked his head in the direction of the upstairs rooms.

Shaking your head, you pursed your lips at him. "Nah. I'm not that tired. 'Sides, I can't leave you alone."

"I appreciate that," he chuckled; you gave him an exaggerated smile so big, your eyes all but disappeared. Your playfulness earned a proper laugh from him, making a flurry of giggles erupt from your mouth as well.

Never felt like this before
Are we friends or are we more

For a little while, the two of you simply lounged on the sofa, enjoying the newfound quiet now that the rest of your friends had retired to their rooms. No one got much time off, so when they had the chance to party, they partied hard – more often than not resulting in everyone passing out sooner or later, with you and Spencer having to be the sensible sobers.

Neither of you had any problem with that, what with alcohol not having much of an appeal to you or him. So scenarios like these – while not occurring often – were the norm.

Naturally, it had led to a strong bond between you two, one which would ultimately develop into something more.

But, baby, if you say you want me to stay
I'll change my mind
'Cause I don't wanna know I'm walking away
If you'll be mine
Won't go, won't go
So, baby, if you say you want me to stay
Stay for the night
I'll change my mind

"I'm bored."

"What do you wanna do?" Spencer asked, still trailing his hand up and down your legs, making you shiver.

"I dunno," you mumbled, shrugging before dramatically throwing yourself over the armrest so that your head was dangling over the edge.

Spencer gave a grunt in response, and you sighed. A silence fell, but it was cut short when you started singing 'Sexy And I Know It'. To you, it seemed as if you were singing soft enough that only you could hear your voice, but that was not the case.

He wasn't entirely sure what he was hearing, at first – so he furrowed his brows and leaned in slightly, in order to hear you properly. When you got to the hook right before the chorus, he had to cover his mouth with his hand to prevent his laugh from escaping.

Moving stealthily so as not to tip you off that he could hear you singing, he got his phone out of his pocket and opened Snapchat. He angled the camera on you and held the button in to record a few videos. Two seconds into the last video, he spoke.

"If any of you guys were wondering how (Y/N) typically spends her Friday nights, this is it."

His voice made you shoot upright, gasping when you realised that he'd been recording you for the entire world to see.

"Spencer!" He laughed as you lunged at him, angrily punching him in the shoulder. "Why would you do that?!"

"The world deserves to see your beauty."

You rolled your eyes. "Pfft. I look like a goblin right now."

"You don't look that bad," he disagreed, holding out his phone so that you could see. "Look."

You had a full-body cringe watching yourself in all your idiotic glory, and you were totally embarrassed. But Spencer was laughing heartily at your antics, and you couldn't help but laugh with, leaning in closer to him and laying your head on his shoulder.

"You're so mean," you whined as you pouted at him. "They're totally gonna make me into a meme now."

"If it'll make you feel better," he sighed, reluctantly handing his phone over to you, "you can make a meme out of me too."

And so you did.

With a massive grin, you practically grabbed the phone out of his hand and snapped countless unflattering pictures of him; he even deliberately made weird faces to give you some better content. You were giggling uncontrollably at this point, making Spencer incredibly pleased.

Lean in when you laugh
We take photographs

The next few minutes consisted mainly of senseless goofing around, coupled with a few flirtatious touches here and there. Eventually, the tiredness started setting in, and yawn after yawn was escaping your mouth, which made Spencer stand up from the sofa.

"Okay, kitten," he said, reaching down to gather you in his arms, "You're about ten seconds away from passing out, so let's get you to bed, yeah?"

"Ugh, fine," you groaned, another yawn slipping out as you hooked your arms around his neck, "but only if you sleep with me."

Never felt like this before
Are we friends or are we more
As I'm walking towards the door
I'm not sure

"Sleep with you, huh?" he murmured, very taken aback.

You nodded vigorously as Spencer started up the stairs. "Mhm. I don't mean have sex," you explained, and Spencer would be lying if he said that he hadn't felt a twang of disappointment; however, your next words made up for it, "I mean sleep. Just sleep, in the most innocent form of the word. With you."

Somehow, the prospect of sleeping with you – just sleeping – seemed even more inviting than it's alternate meaning, and Spencer practically jumped at the chance.

"I want you to stay with me, Spence," you whispered, looking up at him, "Will you?"

But, baby, if you say you want me to stay
I'll change my mind
'Cause I don't wanna know I'm walking away
If you'll be mine
Won't go, won't go
So, baby, if you say you want me to stay
Stay for the night
I'll change my mind

"For as long as you want me to."

_______________________________

Thank you for reading x