*Halloween* The Better Me. (Gerard Way x Reader)

════════════════

Request: @Hermione_geek: 'Idk if it's too late but could you do a prompt 6, with Gerard Way, where the reader is an asocial bean apart from their only friend(Gerard) and doesn't go to parties . When Gerard wants to come and forcefully take her to a Halloween party he finds the always smiling and laughing girl self-harming. The rest is up to you ^.^ I hope it's not too late/Then, only where he wants to take her to a Halloween party and she doesn't want to.'

Prompt 6: Grey/glum days

════════════════

Being asocial and having a friend like Gerard wasn't the easiest of things to live with. Understandably, due to your condition, you tended to avoid any kind of interaction with people that wasn't absolutely necessary. You were quite content with spending your days in solitary – holed up in your apartment with your favourite books and series. But with Gerard being your only friend, and him being a lively extrovert who's always at some or other social gathering, he would constantly try and get you to leave your house, something you despised about him.

Today was a day like any other; you were cooking up some pasta in the kitchen while Supernatural played in the background when Gerard strolled in, whistling joyfully as he shrugged off his jacket and blindly tossed it onto the sofa.

"Hey, (Y/N)!"

"No," you said, not even bothering to look up from the sauce you were stirring in the saucepan.

Gerard huffed in exasperation and furrowed his eyebrows as he threw his hands up sideways. "I didn't even suggest anything!"

"But you were about to," you raised an eyebrow, "and seeing as how we both know that my inevitable answer will be 'no', I figured I'd just save us both some time."

"Just hear me out," he pleaded, walking over to you and leaning against the counter next to you, "Please."

"Gerard," you sighed, stirring the sauce a final time before tapping the spoon to get rid of the excess liquid, placing it on a side plate and turning to face your friend, "I'm not going anywhere."

"Okay, but," he tried reasoning with you, "will you at least let me tell you what it is and then you can make your decision?"

Realising that he wasn't about to let this one go, you closed your eyes and nodded slowly, earning a huge grin from the singer.

"My friend Matt is throwing a Halloween costume party tomorrow night, and I thought it would be cool if you came with."

You stared blankly at Gerard for a few seconds before bursting into a fit of laughter, making him frown.

"Thats's funny," you giggled again and pointed at him, "You're funny, Gerard."

Gerard frowned as he darted his eyes to the side, trying to figure out what exactly he had said that caused you to laugh. "...I didn't say anything funny?"

"It's funny that you think I would go to a party."

Gerard groaned in aggravation. "Oh, come on! It'll be fun!" You shook your head, adamant that you wouldn't be leaving your house tomorrow evening. "Please," he begged, making his eyes wide at you and pouting, "for me."

"No, don't do that," you warned, jutting the spoon you had just picked up at your friend's chest, "Don't."

"Remember that time I saved you from falling off of the balcony," he started, staring off into space as if the memory was playing out in front of him.