Drive. (Gerard Way x Reader)

Listen to the above song while reading.

My hands wrapped around the stick shift

Swerving on the 405,

I can never keep my eyes

Off this

"Fuck this," you huffed, angrily slamming your laptop closed and pushing it off of your lap and onto your bed, "fuck that," you scrunched up the paper containing rough drafts from the book you were trying to write, "fuck everything!"

"Hey, now," Gerard cooed, getting up from his seat on your couch and walking over to you, taking a seat next to you and wrapping a comforting arm around your tense shoulders, "it'll be okay."

"No, it won't!" you argued, hanging your head in your hands, "Do you know how much I've been able to write in the past week? One sentence. One fucking sentence." You groaned loudly and pulled at your hair; Gerard quickly placed his hand over yours and tugged it away from your head before you could rip your hair out. "I'm a failure."

"You're not a failure," Gerard countered, furrowing his brows, "You just need to take a break. You're working yourself too hard."

You scoffed. "I'm not working at all!" you exclaimed, tearing up even more paper.

"Okay, that's it," Gerard hastily stood up before motioning for you to do the same, "Get up," he commanded, making you arch your brows in surprise.

"Why?"

"We're going for a drive."

~

My neck, the feeling of your soft lips

Illuminated in the light,

Bouncing off the exit signs

I missed

"You wanna tell me where we're going?" you enquired, slouching down and crossing your feet on the dashboard.

Gerard shrugged. "I don't know."

"You don't know?" you gave him a sceptical look. "You're just driving me out to the middle of nowhere?"

"Think of it as an adventure," he offered, turning the heat up to combat the chilly night air, "It seems like you could use one."

You gave a conceding grunt in response, settling even lower into the passenger seat. In all honesty, you didn't at all mind being stuck in a car with Gerard for who knows how long. In fact, one could say that it was like a dream come true for you. Perhaps tonight would provide an opportunity for you to finally admit your feelings to him.

All we do is drive

All we do is think about the feelings that we hide

All we do is sit in silence waiting for a sign

Sick and full of pride

All we do is drive

The two of you spent the first hour or so of the drive singing along to classic rocks songs, and the next hour was largely spent playing various road trips games. You could tell that Gerard was doing his best to keep you preoccupied and get your mind off of your writer's block, and you were tremendously grateful for that.